Michael Gove's call for a 'mums' army' on strike days

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
succeed

Re: Michael Gove's call for a 'mums' army' on strike days

Post by succeed »

Yes, which is why I would actually welcome parents to participate in this fine cause - were it not for the serious safety issues at stake for both pupils and parents. It could be the most potent form of public enlightenment to ever beset the teaching profession in this country. Gove could claim the credit for giving teachers the 'status', he so 'emphatically' thinks they deserve, and perhaps a pay rise will follow suit? :lol:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

As a postgraduate student with CBR checked, my school can't leave me to supervise a child for ONE minute in the absence of the teacher because of the legal implications involved (not employed by the school).

And here we are...more mixed messages from the merry men at no. 10.

(see White paper- the importance of teaching) : a need to recruit high calibre individuals to teaching, raise the status of the teaching profession, toughen entrance criteria... blah, blah blah and yet, according to Gove,anyone can do the job just as well :shock:
succeed

Post by succeed »

And here we are...more mixed messages from the merry men at no. 10.

(see White paper- the importance of teaching) : a need to recruit high calibre individuals to teaching, raise the status of the teaching profession, toughen entrance criteria... blah, blah blah and yet, according to Gove,anyone can do the job just as well :shock:
[/color][/quote]

He doesn't seem to know whether he is coming or going, poor man. He needs to go and lie down somewhere in a dark room..... preferably in a stock cupboard next to a classroom while one of his 'mums army' battles with a class of hormonal year 9s after lunch.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Well what do you expect when you vote in a bunch of witless upper class twits who've all inherited millions, never had to tie their own shoe laces never mind earn a living, and think anyone relying on the state for anything whatsoever is doing it purely out of laziness, spite and class envy?

Mike
drummer

Post by drummer »

mike1880 wrote:Well what do you expect when you vote in a bunch of witless upper class twits who've all inherited millions, never had to tie their own shoe laces never mind earn a living, and think anyone relying on the state for anything whatsoever is doing it purely out of laziness, spite and class envy?

Mike

It is a pity Gove has stupidly suggested this and undermined himself in this way because he actually isn't one of those 'upper class twits' and he is doing a LOT to try stop and reverse the dumbing down that has plagued education over the past few decades eg the EBAC (finally aknowledging not all subjects aee equal), freedom from the National Curriculum (though I fear for what headteachers/teachers might do with this), final exam GCSEs (no more modules and endless resits) etc.
tokyonambu

Post by tokyonambu »

mike1880 wrote:Well what do you expect when you vote in a bunch of witless upper class twits
Wikipedia wrote: Gove was born in Edinburgh. At four months old, he was adopted by a Labour-supporting family in Aberdeen, where he was brought up.[2] His adoptive father ran a fish processing business; his mother was a lab assistant at the University of Aberdeen before working at the Aberdeen School for the Deaf.[3]
He was state school educated in Aberdeen, later attending the independent Robert Gordon's College, to which he won a scholarship.[2] From 1985 to 1988 he studied English at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford,[4] where he served as President of the Oxford Union.
Now, given it's reasonable to assume that an 11+ forum is mostly occupied by people with at least a residual sympathy for the idea of selection at 11, could you point out to me where Gove qualifies for that bile? Or are we now deeming ownership of a fish-processing business and working as a lab assistant insufficiently authentic?
mystery

Post by mystery »

What about a Dads' army on strike days?
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

mystery wrote:What about a Dads' army on strike days?
Well I'd certainly want a helmet and bayonet before I went off to 'teach' some of the kids at our local schools.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm having a vision now of you in a Boudicca costume, PPMum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now