What score do we need to get in practice papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

What score do we need to get in practice papers?

Post by jabba7 »

Please can anyone offer guidance on what percentage my DS should be scoring now in Letts or Walsh tests if he is to pass in Oct.

Many thanks
scary mum

Re: What score do we need to get in practice papers?

Post by scary mum »

I don't know about those tests but if you look at the stickies at the top of the Bucks section there is quite a lot about the difficulty of various papers and raw sores needed. I'm sure someone will be long to give you specific advice.
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

As the this will vary from year to year and the age of the child, I always aim for 90% plus just to be on the safe side - particularly for those Autumn born children.

It may be difficult for some children to score 90% plus with Walsh due to the vocabulary content. I rarely use Walsh as a test, they are saved to be used a section at a time, so time can be spent explainations.

Patricia
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Many thanks. Sorry I have looked but can't find the posting which advises which papers are the best to use.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Papers:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raw scores:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=18356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now