TWGSB Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sharky

TWGSB Appeal

Post by Sharky »

Hi All

I understand that all the appeals for TWGSB have been heard. Would it be possible to apply to appeal at any point now to start this September even if it meant starting abit later. An appeal for this school has not already been tried. The child did pass the eleven plus.
They have joined the waiting list but as the school is over pan by about 7 now does anyone know if there is usually an movement from now until the start of term in Sept or is that expecting to much.

Thanks in advance
Etienne

Re: TWGSB Appeal

Post by Etienne »

I understand that all the appeals for TWGSB have been heard. Would it be possible to apply to appeal at any point now to start this September even if it meant starting abit later. An appeal for this school has not already been tried. The child did pass the eleven plus.
If you've been refused a place at the school, you have a right of appeal, and there is no statutory time limit.
They have joined the waiting list but as the school is over pan by about 7 now does anyone know if there is usually an movement from now until the start of term in Sept or is that expecting to much.
I understand that there were 12 successful appeals last summer, taking the numbers up to 192. One of our members had a late appeal at the beginning of October, by which time the numbers had dropped all the way back to 180!
Etienne
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Thank you Etienne for your reply,

I have emailed some further details to the appeals in box. Can they still appeal under those circumstances.
I wonder if you have come across a case like that before.
thank you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Sharky

As far as I can tell, the fact that you are on the waiting list implies that you have been refused a place, and have the right to appeal. Much would depend on what an appeal panel thinks of your reasons for seeking a place.

If unsuccessful in getting a place in year 7, you would be able to apply next year for year 8, but the qualification may have 'lapsed', in which case the admission authority would be entitled to say that your child must be re-tested. You would be entitled to appeal again if refused a place in year 8.
Etienne
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Thank you for your early reply even on a weekend!

I have again put a couple of points in the appeals box.

I realise there is not much hope and things look messy to say the least but I for the child it would be worth a try if possible.

Thanks for your help
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I have again put a couple of points in the appeals box.
Sharky - nothing has come through yet .......
Etienne
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Oh sorry will try again. thank you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks for re-submitting.

I doubt that you would have been put on the waiting list without the authority knowing the circumstances, and I think this amounts to a 'refusal'.

We are cautious in how we frame our responses on the forum because of the need to respect any confidential information.

At an appeal you would need to:
  • 1. explain the circumstances
    2. describe how you have been affected
    3. put forward good reasons for wanting or needing a place.
Etienne
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Thank you again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now