Entry to Lycee International

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Entry to Lycee International

Post by moved »

Is there anyone out there who has any knowledge of the entry test for the Lycee International in St. Germain en Laye? DC are aged 13 and 14 and will be sitting the entrance tests and interviews on Thursday.
JaneEyre

Re: Entry to Lycee International

Post by JaneEyre »

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge about this test, but I wish good luck to your DC!!
You and DH had a great idea to offer them such an opportunity! Does this mean that you'll cross and live on the other side of the channel if they are offered a place ? We'll miss you on this forum!
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

Two of my children attended the Lycee international, but quite a few years ago - 2002-4 and they were much younger, equivalent of year 3&4 uk and the younger one reception. Do your children speak french?

Are they going into the British Section? I would suggest you contact them, (Sarah Gregoire was the admissions person then & may still well be there) and they should be able to give you any information you require. My children were actually in the American Section & the admissions lady there is Mary Friel (she is actually British) and you could not find a more helpful lady - so it might be worth giving her a call too.

Happy to help if I can give you any more info.

Caryn
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

Oops, realise you must have already sat the test. Hope it all went well.

Still very happy to help if I can with anything!

Caryn
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks Caryn,

Both took the test and were accepted, but we still no progress on the job application! It has been going on for weeks now - slow process all round.

The children do speak French (we lived there when they were in CP/CE1) and it looked as though DD would be refused for Français special, but fortunately both now have a place.

Either way for us we are in a good position as DC in a good school here and now have places there if necessary.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

moved wrote: fortunately both now have a place.
Congrats to your children! :D :D
moved wrote: but we still no progress on the job application! It has been going on for weeks now - slow process all round.
Oh dear, they are not French frogs, nor snails... but slugs!! I imagine that with the summer holidays which have already begun over there, things are even slower...

all my best wishes!!!

Proverbe francais: ''Goutte à goutte on emplit la cuve."
Explication : La patience et la persévérance finissent toujours par payer.
moved

Post by moved »

What made it worse was that I was offered a job at the same time! Three of us sorted - one to go.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations Moved and well done to the DC.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Just being damn nosey, are you moving again Moved? :oops:

Good luck with your move. You are very courageous to move that often esp when your kids are in great schools. I always dream being in sunny paradise island but haven't braved moving again.

You should change your profile now to Chelmsford and moving again :lol: Sorry for going off topic but couldn't resist
Impossible is Nothing.
moved

Post by moved »

OH is a civil servant in central government, so his job is very insecure and current conditions are poor. His work is very international so his best chances of a more secure post are unfortunately abroad. There are very few schools that I would consider for the children but the Lycee is one of them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now