Almonds

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
no_ball

Almonds

Post by no_ball »

Another top tip for the summer holidays is to overnight soak 15 almonds, peel skin off following morning and feed to DC.

Very beneficial for increased learning.
Just1-2go

Re: Almonds

Post by Just1-2go »

Any top tips for disguising them as something that isn't an almond? My DS's wouldn't eat one almond if I paid them, let alone 15! (my DD might though :) )
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Not to hand, sorry! I told DS that if he ate them he would pass all his exams!!
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Why are almonds good for learning? *puzzled face*
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Sorry, meant memory retention. Just type it into google to check, almonds and memory...lots of information about this
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Not so great for the fingernails.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Does it have to be eaten separately?

Usually I grind them and add it in the rice pudding & cake or sprinkle the flakes....

On the subject of 'brain & memory' food, mint is also good and nice in salads. 8)
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

6-10 overnight soaked almonds are very easy to peel off. They taste delicious as well. There is feedback via Google about increase in memory retention and at the end of the day, cant be doing any harm.

Funny story, at KECH entrance test last year, chap sitting infront of DS promptly pulled out a handful of almonds and offered some to DS, sweet!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

no_ball wrote:There is feedback via Google about increase in memory retention
Too right, you don't want to be messing about with nonsense like double blind controlled trials when there's perfectly good anecdotal evidence on Google.

That said, it can't do any harm (unless you have a PKU disorder or, like me, a queasy feeling about swallowing a benzene ring). I used to give ours fish oil, there's no good evidence for that either - but if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now