DD uncomfortable about shapes in NVR

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

luoj_98

DD uncomfortable about shapes in NVR

Post by luoj_98 »

My daughter feels very uncomfortable of some shapes in NVR such as those with curved outline and dots inside (a bit like worm or sponge bob) when she is practicing. She even doesn't want to look at them. I feel quite worried about this. Does any one encountered similar problem before or have any suggestion for this?

Thanks
pixiequeen

Re: DD uncomfortable about shapes in NVR

Post by pixiequeen »

My immediate thought is Eyesight. I have astigmatism (sp?) and would find it hard to look at the things you mention without my glasses because they would appear to swim about on the page, which in turn would give me a headache. Apologies if you've already ruled this out.
luoj_98

Post by luoj_98 »

Thanks for your reply, her eye sight is kind of normal. She can do other questions without these kinds of shapes quite well. I feel it may be a psychological thing.
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

Hi OP - it's months since you posted so this might not be much help -but I've only just registered. I have a similar issue with certain shapes - especially repetetive ones clustered together - makes me feel slightly sick and it's hard to look at them. It's psychological rather than physical - I googled "cluster-phobia" once & it's not uncommon (there's even a FB page) - I think it's linked to 'disease' somewhere deep in the psyche (at least it is in my case). If it is this, all I can suggest is for her to prepare herself for looking at the patterns by reminding herself that they are just marks on the page. I wish her all the best in her exams.
luoj_98

Post by luoj_98 »

Thank you very much.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now