SATS Results...no letter, just a number?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bustwinks

SATS Results...no letter, just a number?

Post by bustwinks »

Hi has anyone else received this years SATS results.....just wondered if it was the norm not to have the usual letter after the number...my DD was really hoping to get 5a's this time as she mostly got 5b's in the mocks last year....little disappointed that all the results just say 5.

Anyway glad that is all over.....now to get ready for the grammer school in september...cant wait to get the uniform :D
chad

Re: SATS Results...no letter, just a number?

Post by chad »

You can ask the school for the raw scores.....that would give you an idea of how far into the '5' your child achieved.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Yes year 6 exam results just give the number. Teacher assessments use the letter sub divisions. Our primary provided raw scores and level score ranges for each subject.
shinealight

Post by shinealight »

Yes I also enquired at progress meeting last night and was told raw marks would be available next week.
Shinealight
Always looking on the bright side of life..!
tense

Post by tense »

The QCA threshold table (posted elsewhere) shows the scores needed to get a level 5. This year it was 70% for English & 77% for maths.

It doesn't divide it into sub-levels, but if you get your DC's raw scores you can make an educated guess.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Thanks for your replies everyone, managed to catch deputy head this morning (who also takes my DD for maths) who assured me that my DD got all 5a's :D :) , she said the raw scores would be passed onto the local comp....I duly thanked her....not sure she even realises that mu DD is off to Grammer school...we are not in a catchment area for grammer school...only 3 kids from her year are going.

Still would have liked it in writing...but hey ho :(
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well as you are leaving you can afford to annoy the school and ask for it in writing.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

ummmm Mystery ...still have a DS in year 4 !!! :( ...who I am pleased to say has every intention of going to the local comp !!! :D ......

.....what may be right for one child, may not be right for the other !!
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Great,,,my DD has literally just said to me...."oh mum did you want to know what my actual sats score was, as the teacher offered it to the class, she said ok ".....but as a typical 11 year old...she forget to collect the scores at the end of the school !

Now I'll never know :roll:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yeah, well thankfully there's no measure of organisation in the assessment tasks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now