Move to Watford...WGSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rinol

Move to Watford...WGSG

Post by rinol »

Can anyone tell me where are the'better' areas to move to in and around Watford to get into WGSG?
tense

Re: Move to Watford...WGSG

Post by tense »

With the loss of the cross sibling rule I see from WP's sticky that over 70 girls got into WGSG on distance this year. I know of over a dozen going from Bushey / Oxhey Village so that would be a good place to start. For Bushey, you need to look north side of the village towards the school, not towards the heath, which is probably too far out. I think the new "as the crow flies" rule will further benefit families living in this area, as Oxhey Park & the Watford ring road will no longer need to be skirted round in calculating distance.

PS - please note that the use of the word village is estate agent speak rather than rural idyll, but will enable you to target these areas more accurately.
rinol

Post by rinol »

thankyou
WP

Post by WP »

According to Google maps, it's about 1km from the school to Bushey arches, so to get in by distance last year from Oxhey/Bushey, you had to be within 450m of that. This year it went out another 200m; we don't know if that was a one-off. For next year's entry they'll use straight-line measurement, but the previous years give a rough guide.
ASH17

Post by ASH17 »

WP wrote:According to Google maps, it's about 1km from the school to Bushey arches, so to get in by distance last year from Oxhey/Bushey, you had to be within 450m of that.

WP,
Apologies for entering this topic so late, but was wondering that according to your sticky, girls who got into WGGS in 2011 by distance lived about a 1000m from school, so why is it that you had to be within 450m of the school? Is it for a guranteed place?

I'm just asking because we live about 650m from school (according to Google map) and we were feeling quite confident about DD getting a place on proximity.
proudswan

Post by proudswan »

ASH17 wrote:
WP wrote:According to Google maps, it's about 1km from the school to Bushey arches, so to get in by distance last year from Oxhey/Bushey, you had to be within 450m of that.

WP,
Apologies for entering this topic so late, but was wondering that according to your sticky, girls who got into WGGS in 2011 by distance lived about a 1000m from school, so why is it that you had to be within 450m of the school? Is it for a guranteed place?

I'm just asking because we live about 650m from school (according to Google map) and we were feeling quite confident about DD getting a place on proximity.
I think WP meant 450m from Bushey arches not the school :)
ASH17

Post by ASH17 »

Ahhhh!! Now I get it. Thanks. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now