What would you do?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chocolatey Mum

What would you do?

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

We have been going to the same tutor for sometime and I am always prompt at dropping off and picking up but since the summer holidays I have found that when I drop my DD off there is the last person still talking and then when I pick up the next one is already standing in the room waiting.

We only have a few weeks to go but it is bugging me. The time I pay for seems to be eaten into by someone else, not to mention the next person hearing my conversation re my own DD with the tutor. (the child waiting is known to my DD and is a bit of a c*w and I don't want my DD being upset at the beginning of term by her saying something she may have overheard at the tutor).

Should I say something or am I being petty with only a few weeks to go?
no_ball

Re: What would you do?

Post by no_ball »

Can you mention it to the tutor in private, by phone for instance?
vasu

Post by vasu »

It happens with me too but the reverse way!!! Our tutor likes to have a chat about the child(I prefer to chat if there is anything significant to be told) anyways, she likes it. I find it especially embarrassing because the next child coming in is the son of my closest friend. She chats away while my friend and son waits patiently. Just does not even take the hints that I am not really interested in the chit chat. My friend cannot complain I feel cause, you know, we are buddies! She just stands there with her arms folded staring at the floor. :(. I am not going to continue with that tutor any more, my son was not happy with her saccharine sweet ways!!!! :roll: I think it was because of the tons of homework she gave him. :wink:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I would have a word in private. Perhaps ask for the next person to wait outside until your lesson is finished.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I would agree with the others,that it would be best if you did have a word with the tutor. If she knows how you feel she might change if you want to continue.
;D
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

Thank you all for your advice.

We are due to go tomorrow so we wil see what will happen. I will have a word if the same thing happens this week.

A problem shared is a problem halved.
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

Update:-
We went to the tutor today and the (same) client following us was polite enough to wait outside, even in the rain, until we finished. Turns out the girl was dropped off by her older sister last week but this week it was the mother. A lesson in manners for the older sister I think.
Only four more sessions left and of those only two will be followed by the same family.
However much I think I am not stressing, it seems to come out one way or another. I will be very glad when this rollercoaster will end.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I can't believe you would just stand there listening to a tutor and parent anyway ! :shock: Sometimes when I want to discuss something quickly at school and the teacher is already talking to someone you just keep your distance, don't you ! It's just basic good manners.If anyone stands too close to me when it's my turn, I just give them a steely glare and that does the trick.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Maybe we should call you "scary mum" :lol: :lol:

(I do the same though - hence the name...)
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The thing is , some people just don't have an ounce of self awareness. There's one lady who I am friends with , but will insist on standing practically shoulder to shoulder when I'm trying to have a private conversation.Now I have to say to her..Can I have some space please...she then moves a millimetre away. :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now