KECH uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
no_ball

KECH uniform

Post by no_ball »

Hello to all, can someone advise best practice for KECH uniform please? We have to buy a blazer, should it be sized for the year 8 or 9 in order for child to grow into? Also is it best to go for cotton or wollen trousers? Thanks in advance
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: KECH UNIFORM

Post by DIY Mum »

My advice (for trousers) is to go for the high street brand.

I did buy a couple from Early Years only to find ds1 ruin them within a few months because of his love of playing rugby :evil:

Do need to purchase a new set of trousers for him but not woollen ones as they make him itch.

Re: blazers... buy one size up!

If anyone is interested, I have a blazer to give away (free of charge) as ds1 is going through a growth spurt!

um

Post by um »

I would buy a blazer that fits and is not too big to be honest as they don't last that long.
If you buy a blazer with Year 8 in mind, then by Year 8 it will likely be ripped or too worn.
Funnily enough, my son hasn't grown much at all this year anyway - although he eats more than me! Maybe all the calories were needed to complete the homework :lol:
My son's blazer was in rags by Easter, rips inside the lining, seams coming undone everywhere - I have no idea what he has been doing with it! It is ready for recycling as scrap now as in the last few weeks of term the seams on the side came away completely. What I really don't like is having to sew the badge on yourself (as I have never been able to sew - it is a slow and arduous process!). I initially paid Early Years to sew it on, but the stitching came undone after a few months, and since then, I've had to repeatedly sew it back on myself.
I buy my son's trousers from Next and they have been really good quality, no wear or holes on them thankfully!

One thing I did buy a little big was the PE and rugby kit - they're very expensive, and the name has to be sewn on each item, too. They are still in perfect condition though and will fit throughout year 8, I would imagine.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Well, the blazer has gone! :D

Is it just me or are there other parents out there who still need to buy uniform?

I'll probably find out when I pop into the Gogna shop at some point (in between the writing up of my thesis) :oops: but are KEA rugby tops reversable with house colours?

No special mention given about house colours on Kea uniform list and online Gogna website specifies standard rugby tops. If it's standard then best order online...as it saves time. Would like to be sure though.

no_ball

Post by no_ball »

All uniform bought last week, shops were dead, feel with summer holidays over nearly, shops will get busier now. Just rugby boots to purchase now. Good shirts and trousers from marks (oops)
um

Post by um »

I am glad not to have to fork out the £200 bill this year...although I am really hoping that I have to do it next year :D
DIY Mum

Post by DIY Mum »

no-ball, was it those smart woollen trousers from M & S, then? 8)

No chance of buying any uniform this week with all the rioting :x going on!

I heard that a police station in Handsworth was set alight?!

Still have to get dd & ds2's uniform & unfortunately, Gogna is the only official uniform store for KE Handsworth & K E Aston.

No problem in getting ds1's though as there are plenty of other stores that sell kechb' uniform :roll:

no_ball

Post by no_ball »

what divine intervention to finish the uniform shopping last week, went to Bullring of all places for some of the stuff. Probably all the shops in bull ring have been raised to the ground if one listens to the media hysteria.
DIY Mum

Post by DIY Mum »

Yes but shop owners, rightly so, are pretty tense. It was also very quiet when I popped out (so it didn't take long getting all their uniform). But with circumstances being as they are, the shops were closing and boarding up fairly early.

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now