Non Verbal Test Papers v difficult!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
reeyah

Non Verbal Test Papers v difficult!

Post by reeyah »

Hello fellow parents!

Attempted to get my DS to do a Non Verbal test paper from Nfer Nelson ( The Official 11 plus ). Is it just me or are the questions immensely difficult?!!! In comparison, the Bond test papers are far easier. If the eleven plus exam is anything like these questions I feel v sorry for our poor children. It seems like u need to be a member of Mensa to get through these at speed!!!
Last edited by reeyah on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: Non Verbal Test Papers v difficult!

Post by DIY Mum »

I agree, the nfer papers are difficult and going by the feedback I've received from 3 of my dc, (with the exception of ds1 who thought it was fun?!! :shock: ) keg's nvr is also time pressured although the no. of questions are less.

View here :idea:

Give your ds the easier papers first and save the harder ones for last.

FM has written some good posts on the various types. I think she's left the forum now :( but it's worthwhile reading her posts on nvr.

JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

DIY Mum wrote: I think she's left the forum now :( but it's worthwhile reading her posts on nvr.
Why? :shock: Is she alright? :?: I hope it is just because she is too busy with other things not too much worrying!

Hi fm ( in case you sometimes come as a reader)! :wink:
we wish you all the best and thank you for all the info and help you gave everybody!!! :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The Nfer NVR 11A paper is notoriously difficult.!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

OmG i'm so naive!!! It was the infamous test paper 11a that I made my poor DS do!!! Thank u all. This forum has been so informative. I realised last night when I was skimming through topics on here that i'd used that particular test.

There's one question on there I simply can't work out and I haven't even been through all of it yet!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

DIY mum thank u for all your info and the link. It seems like it was indeed these type of NVR that turned up on the paper last year ( although I'm now feeling a little happier that they MUST have been easier than paper 11a surely?!)
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I remember that paper, made DS do all the papers in the sequence they are published (I have severe OCD for these type of things).

Can't recall his score for the paper, was something like 56% at the start of the summer holidays. He then repeated at the end of the summer and managed around 85%+ for all 4 papers.

I also recall the bond comprehension 10-11 year book being virtually impossible to answer too.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

no_ball wrote:I remember that paper, made DS do all the papers in the sequence they are published (I have severe OCD for these type of things).

Can't recall his score for the paper, was something like 56% at the start of the summer holidays. He then repeated at the end of the summer and managed around 85%+ for all 4 papers.

I also recall the bond comprehension 10-11 year book being virtually impossible to answer too.
Do u mean just the NVR papers? Your DS went from about 56 percent to 85+?

My DS got about 44%. This was his very first paper and trust me to start with 11a. I don't think will be doing comprehension from Bond. Really can't even see fitting that in anywhere ;-).
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

NVR was his weakest subject but I remember clearly cracking it one night with him, it was clockwork after that.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

You cracked NVR isn one night, no-ball? Spill the beans! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now