OOC Testing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kiwimum

OOC Testing

Post by Kiwimum »

Can't believe we are part way through August already... countdown is really on now.

My DD is OOC and is due to sit the 11+ in Bucks in October half term. I have been on Bucks website and they say that we will be notified about ten days before the first test as to time, date and venue.

Just wondering if anyone knows if these tests are traditionally in the morning or does it change from year to year?
Also, where have they been held in the past?
Etienne

Re: OOC Testing

Post by Etienne »

I think they probably run both morning and afternoon sessions, because of the numbers involved.

In the past they've 'hired' a school such as The Grange in Aylesbury or The Misbourne in Great Missenden.

Good luck!
Etienne
logic32

Post by logic32 »

The sessions seem to be divided alphabetically so it's pot luck what time your exam will be. Last year the first one was at 9.30, then 11.30, 1.30 and 3.30.

Ours were both 3.30 and I was initially concerned about the late start but my DS passed so clearly didn't make too much difference !
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Thanks for your replies.
I was being naive thinking that there was only going to be one test on each day, didn't really think about how many children there would be - it just got a whole lot more daunting!!
I guess I'll just have to wait for Bucks to let us know when the tests are and try not to panic until then.
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

In 2009 my DD sat both OOC tests at her local primary school. Has the system now changed?
logic32

Post by logic32 »

It depends whether or not the school has registered as a partner school which some OOC schools do. If they are then their pupils take the 11+ on the same days in October as all those in county. If not then it's half term for everyone else.
I think fewer schools do this now but I can't remember why !!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... _2012.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Tells you which schools are 'partner schools' - the list was slimmed down after an 'incident' at one a few years back.
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

Thanks logic32 and Guest55 for the info. I heard and read about an incident last year but was unsure if the system had changed. Guest55 -thanks for the link which confirms my second DD will sit her test at the main centre as her school is no longer on the list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now