panicing mum here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anisa

panicing mum here!

Post by anisa »

My daughter is sitting the 11 plus exam this september and im panicing. Shes my first child. Shes done some practice papers but iv been quite clueless about all of this!
Shes going to be sitting the clitheroe grammer exam and we're ooc and shes doesnt seen to be taking any of this seriously! so the odds are really against her!
Any tips anyone...

ps what in maths should I be covering?
push-pull-mum

Re: panicing mum here!

Post by push-pull-mum »

Hi, anisa, welcome to the madhouse! We all panic here - a lot of the time - even when exams aren't looming. :D If your daughter isn't taking it too seriously that might turn out to be a good thing - a little bit of confidence goes a long way (and she has you to do all her worrying for her!) Try not to wind yourself (or her) up too much over the next few weeks - cramming too close to the date can be counter-productive.

Have you posted in the Lancashire forum yet? They'll be able to help you out on what to expect on the individual papers - and advise where to get hold of some suitable papers to work through. You can then divide up 'weak spots' to be covered in the weeks leading up to the exam.

And remember - it's not the end of the world if she doesn't get the school you want. Bright, well supported children have a habit of rising to the top wherever they go.

I'm allowed to moralise on this topic because DD is heading to the Comp next month. :lol: :oops:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - I've moved your post to Lancashire forum. Somewhere on here I posted the sample papers for CRGS - have you seen those? I'll look for the link in a moment...

Have a read of this thread - it might help with some of the questions:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 20&t=13126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also here is the Lancaster Grammar booklet with some sample papers in it - I understand that they use the same papers as CRGS (help someone might know definitely) http://www.lggs.org.uk/Assets/Admission ... e_june.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anisa

Post by anisa »

thanks for all you tips and advise guys!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now