Mock Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11pluscountdown

Mock Exam

Post by 11pluscountdown »

Hi everyone
I have been looking to book my dd on a mock exam test but notice that Essex do not have one running. Have I missed something or is it just that this area is not involved?

Can anyone shed any light on this and recommend another mock exam if necessary?
Thank you for your help
moved

Re: Mock Exam

Post by moved »

Essex do not provide a mock. Perhaps get a group of friends together and give them three papers in a row. When I ran mocks I used to set them for the October half term when the children were ready for the real exam.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Deleted by moderator, moved. Anyone interested please ask via PM., I have sent you a pm.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Sorry I only wrote the OP name '11pluscountdown' -see top of this thread. Did not know this is not allowed!
moved

Post by moved »

Oops - night at the pub with no food and too much wine. Sorry brain failing to function today.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

No worries, Moved. Hope you enjoyed the pub!

11pluscountdown (name of original poster) I have sent you a pm!
11pluscountdown

Thanks for all your replies.
Best of luck for all the students.....and a big bottle of something at the ready after the evening of the exam day for the parents!!!

Thanks again
11 Pluscountdown
marigold

Post by marigold »

I have just walked through Writtle( a village on the outskirts of Chelmsford ) and saw a sign advertising mock 11plus exams. It was on the wall next to the fish and chip shop near The Blue Bridge. I am sorry but I did not have a pen with me so I could not copy down any details. I cannot vouch for the company but it may be worth driving by and having a look !
crgsmum

Post by crgsmum »

Long way to go but my DS son sat a mock 11plus at Devonport High for Boys in Plymouth at a cost of £30. The mock was only VR and Maths because the English is too expensive to administer. The VR appears to me, and seemed to our DS to be the same as the CSSE one and the maths was the same almost spookily so, same format, no of questions on page etc except with a multiple choice answer sheet. As the Plymouth 11 plus takes place in January the mocks are held in late September. The marks our DS obtained were extremely close to the ones he got here although they standardise for age in Plymouth and he is old for his year. The mocks, all using the same papers, are run by the City's grammar schools' PTAs and, taking place when they do, give parents an opportunity to see how their DC does in the exam room they will be in on the day, a true dry run, which must make 11 plus day just a little less daunting. It also means that you can see what happens to them under pressure and whether to use up precious places on your CAF form applying to a grammar.

The PTAs make money not just from running the exams but also from the teas and coffees they sell to parents while they wait: as it is not an offical school event parents do have to remain on-site.

It is just a shame there is nothing like this here.
11pluscountdown

Its a good idea. I just wanted to see how she coped under exam conditions. We will keep the practising up and hope for the best!!