Passed the test - but already in a Comprehensive!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Anon876

Passed the test - but already in a Comprehensive!

Post by Anon876 »

I know the title sounds weird. Let me explain.

I wanted a better education than the one I was getting. My old man put me down for the Bexley Selection Test, which I passed. That made me very happy and I'm going to have to put down my choices soon. Even if I don't get a place instantly, I'm still on the waiting list. However this gives me a problem - I'm not sure about changing. My school might not be a grammar school, but I love it; I got great mates, I'm in the top set, I'm the captain of the Rugby team, I can get away with almost anything because I'm smart and I'm good at long jump and long distance running. If I change, I'll have to adapt; what if I don't get picked for the team, what if people are better at running than me, what if I don't make any friends, etc, etc.

Just want your opinions. Cheers.

Oh and on a different note, I'm thinking of putting down my choices as:

1. Chis and Sid (have a primary school mate going there, live closest to the school)
2. Beths Grammar (have a mate, a bit further)
3. Bexley Grammar (no mates, furthest)

What do you think of that?
mad?

Re: Passed the test - but already in a Comprehensive!

Post by mad? »

It might be helpful to others if you could be clearer about the stage of your education you are at, as this is clearly not 11+ entry? Forgive my confusion but the scenario you present as having happened sounds a little implausible.
mad?
dunemigrating

Post by dunemigrating »

I agree with mad! Your timimgs are all wrong - you should have already chosen the schools you want if you've passed the 11+ in the last year.
Anon876

Post by Anon876 »

mad? wrote:It might be helpful to others if you could be clearer about the stage of your education you are at, as this is clearly not 11+ entry? Forgive my confusion but the scenario you present as having happened sounds a little implausible.
Lol sorry.

Right now I'm in secondary school, but I got entered for this test by my Dad, which is not the 11+ as I'm not in Year 6. I did the 13+, passed it and now I'm 'selective' (whatever that means). Basically I'm not sure about leaving the school I go to; I know grammar school means better education but as I've said I'm doing quite well in my current school.
moved

Post by moved »

One of my pupils was in a similar situation. He did move and is pleased, but he very nearly didn't take the test.

If you are prepared for a challenge and enjoy school then go for it, but be prepared to be more ordinary in the grammar as plenty of other people will be as bright as you and as good at sport.
XCRGSMUM

Post by XCRGSMUM »

My middle son made the swap into yr 9 and whilst it took him a few months to completely adapt he relished the challenge. He has never regretted it and it got him terrific exam results, a place at a good uni and a fantastic graduate job starting in a few weeks.
dani*

Post by dani* »

Chis and Sid is a wonderful school, however if you are happy in the school you are perhaps you may want to think about what Chis and Sid can offer you that your current school is not providing.

I'm not clear why you have taken the selection test this late or your reasons for wanting to change schools. I don't see the point on changing just for the sake of it and imho "if it is not broken, don't fix it".

Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now