NFER 11plus English

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mynameisbond

NFER 11plus English

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi everyone - any words of wisdom re the necessary scores for the boys' grammar English papers ? My DS is only just 10 and due to sit in Sept - Nov for all the Surrey grammars. He attempted an NFER English 11plus multiple chocie paper today and scored 73% which I felt was really low. I just wanted to ask other more experienced forum members what their sons were scoring on such papers to have a realistic chance of success ?

Many thanks
menagerie

Re: NFER 11plus English

Post by menagerie »

Hi,

I don't know a lot about this, but I do know that some schools adjust marks upwards for summer born children to standardise the marks. However, some don't. Check the schools you are applying to - should mention this in their admissions details or FAQs.
esh

Post by esh »

My DS also did a similar paper in June and scored around the same as yours, but did a similar paper this week and got 83%. Things should improve nearer the time. Not sure what is the expected score!
la boume

Post by la boume »

May I ask if English multiple choice test exists only as a part of a variety pack, or is it possible to find a pack just for English? Also there is a 1 star review for Nfer Pack 3 pack, saying it is outdated? I haven't got any english multiple choice tests so far, just going to buy some now, I think we should aim at least for 88 per cent.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now