What are the best wide-fitting football boots?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2Girlsmum

What are the best wide-fitting football boots?

Post by 2Girlsmum »

An item on DD's list for Y7 uniform is black football boots, which we have never bought before. She has wide feet with a reasonably high instep and we have recently struggled to find shoes now that she is a size 4G or 4H (though her right foot is a 3.5G!) Can anyone please recommend a suitable make/style to try? Thanks (I hope :lol: ) in advance.
Thingsbehindthesun

Re: What are the best wide-fitting football boots?

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

The only thing I could find that was similar to what you mentioned was a pair from Clarks in a 4G.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/product-is-20346908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
;D
andyb

Post by andyb »

We have found that Puma boots come up quite wide - DS1 is an F/G fitting and DS2 a G/H. DS1 has also found Umbro to be OK (the leather-feel styles rather than the cheaper plasticky ones) but he has to get a whole size bigger than his school shoe. Some Nike are OK but they tend to be the more expensive styles :x . Boots to avoid are Adidas as we have found them to be particularly narrow.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my son has very wide feet, we found some Nike ones , but the size bore no resemblance to his school shoe size. ( his left foot is half a size smaller than right).Best thing to do is go and try loads on. We have an outlet centre near us, so could try on dozens. They were also a lot cheaper that way. Remember to try them on with football socks! Made that mistake before :oops:
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

I just bought eight pairs of trainers from sports direct yesterday. Normally I find the umbro astroturf trainers to be tight but the umbro football boots are wide fitting. We always have to go up a size though with all trainers. It's worth bearing in mind that football boots should be tight and it is not safe for them to be comfortable when first tried on.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

My DS has wide fitting feet and we always bought him Adidas as they were the widest in football boots and normal trainers.

GM
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Clarks do wide fitting boots, and possibly hi-tech. Always buy a size up from normal shoe size.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Thanks everyone :D . I'll try out the various brands suggested on her this week - we have a branch of Sports Direct 10 minutes walk away as well as a branch of JD Sports. The largest size Football boots in Clarks are her actual size, so might be too small IYKWIM as everyone suggests to size up. I've also bought shin pads today so this is all new territory! I've just spent 2.5 hours carefully sewing woven name tags onto everything, so a glass of wine is calling my name from the fridge :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now