How much time per question ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anxious_mother

How much time per question ?

Post by anxious_mother »

Dear Friends,
Is it ok if DS takes a bit longer i.e. ( about 3.40 mins.) for a question especially verbal reasoning questions or should he be advised to move on to the next question and come back to the questions he knows will take a long time?

We are confused at this point because some parents say that he should answer all the questions in an order whereas some say if he knows that a particular question will take long time then it is better for him to do the ones he can answer quickly and then come back
no_ball

Re: How much time per question ?

Post by no_ball »

Last year DS did KE exams, we practiced doing 3 questions in a minute for maths and verbal reasoning.

I told DS to keep going and circle those he did not get in a few seconds. For the last minute, go back and guess those left behind.

Horses for courses, instruct as to how best your child will understand and perform
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

last year I did a couple of papers and timed myself on each section. On some I was really quick, but on others I took far longer. It really helped to know which ones were more difficult and to pace myself.

Teh 30 secs per question is a bit misleading, some may take 15 0r 20, others 45+..

The logic type questions (z type) and codes take a longer time.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I was advising of a target I set for my DS; it's all about speed and accuracy.

Answer every question as well