Digital watch

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vasu

Digital watch

Post by vasu »

Are digital watches allowed in exams? My son has a digital Casio watch. He loves it and never parts with eat ever except in shower. If digital watches are not allowed in exams, then I have to break this Info gently to him :( . I have to get him a watch which he can grow to love the same way! :roll:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
starmum2000

Re: Digital watch

Post by starmum2000 »

Hi Vasu,
I've read lots of your posts recently - you seem to be here as often as I am, soaking up all advice possible as last minute panic sets in :lol: !
I can't see any reason why digital watches would not be allowed unless it makes any sort of beeps or noise.
I'm sure they will be expecting children to wear watches as we have been training them to make use of them during their tests.
I'm sure someone whose DC has sat the tests will be able to reassure you.
Starmum x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The only time I can think of there being a problem with digital watches is when they have some calculator functions - hence they can get banned for GCSE exams.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

In addition ensure child turns off the sound function of the watch such as for stop watch or timer. These can appear to be useful during exams but the novelty soon wears off. Let DC concentrate on answering the questions rather than divide number of questions by time in seconds, can add to already high stress levels.

Good luck
vasu

Post by vasu »

Thanks a lot guys/gals :) My son is quite attached to his watch, he would have been quite distressed to be parted from it.
Yes Starmum, I am here, always, 24/7. Chatting with everyone keeps my stress level down :D
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.