Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
no_ball

Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Post by no_ball »

Just wishing a very happy Eid mubarek to all out there. This year our islamic month of fasting (Ramadan) fell in August, so well done to those DC's that have fasted in these long days (18hrs with no food or drink). May allah grant your duas and wishes, ameen.

I know of several children that have fasted this month and will be sitting the tough KE exams this coming Oct and November, may allah reward your toil and sacrifice (and others too).
um

Re: Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Post by um »

:D

Eid Congratulations also.

Ds2 has completed about half the fasts - wish it were more as I find it easier to get him to sit down and listen to me when he is fasting :lol:

And as ds1 is either in bed or in the mosque, I don't have to worry about him antagonising ds2.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

We really enjoyed the fact that Ramadhan merged with the summer holidays. More time to spend it as a family (dh also present).

Added bonus of the holidays: eldest 3dc found it a lot easier to fast and for the 1st time, complete the Quran. With so much time to spare, dds took to baking & selling cakes (to fundraise for those affected by the famine in Somalia).

For the first time this year, we also had a taste of dh's cooking- hasn't cooked for 14 years so that was a splendid change! :o

But it has been a crazy routine- kids have been nocturnal and wake up just after noon. Need to get them back into the school routine.

Anyhow, thank-you for your prayers & Happy Eid! :D
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Khair mubarak
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

:D Eid Mubarak, wa lkulli ‘aam wa antum bikhair! :D

May Allah accept our fast, protect us and our children, and help us to always better ourselves. Ameen
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I think Eid has been called for tomorrow, so Eid Mubarek to all. children will be excited for prayers and presents.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Eid Mubarak to all

May Allah grant all of our prayers and those of our children (no prizes for guessing what was high on their list this year! :wink: ). It is always sad when it is over.

It was a truly blessed month. I found keeping DS busy with work was the best way to distract. Alhamdu lillah, DS managed to keep all his fasts, complete memorization of 2 juz' of Qur'an and improve his marks - although he is usually terrible when he is hungry, or tired, or sleepy, or in the afternoons, or.....

Eid may be tomorrow but still not sure: Egypt follows only the scientific method (whether sighted or not),so will have it tomorrow. Saudi TV has just said that the new moon will be born in some parts of Saudi but maybe not in Makkah - so they have not quite decided yet.

So I am afraid it seems like it is going to be one of those years again - just as we were all doing so well! Never mind: it used to bother me, but I take it as part of the excitement now - will we, or won't we?

Anyway, I think the important thing is that we enjoy it and let the kids make the most of it. We might all be a bundle of nerves by the time it is Eid Al-Adha.
UmSusu
um

Post by um »

We're Eiding today but I know some are doing it tomorrow.

Happiness to everyone :D

At least the exam is not actually on Eid Al Adha :D :D we will have a week to sleep off all the samosas first...
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Eid Mubarak, we are doing Eid in London. I have checked all global lunar data and Eid us definitely today. But Allah subhanallah will make the correction.

Peace and happiness for all, hope all kids get what they reasonably asked for Eid, ameen.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Eid mubarak to All

DS1 (13 next week) and DS2 (11) kept all there fasts. My youngest madame who is 7 kept 10 i was well impressed and suprised to be honest.

I wish all forum members a Happy Eid irrespective of there religious beliefs.

Regards

Footballdad

PS It feels so strange eating in the day. It amazing how it comes normal not to eat during the day

All i now need to get the madames into a noraml sleeping patern. That will be fun
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now