Tutor for loreto altrincham, advice please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tillybob

Tutor for loreto altrincham, advice please

Post by Tillybob »

Hi we are just about to start the process of tutoring with the aim of entry to loreto in sept 13, so will sit exam next year. Can anyone recommend a tutor who is famililar with the exam for this school? We are out of catchment so its a long shot, but willing to do our best to pass the exam to be in with a chance. If you know of anyone please let me know. Many thanks
fatsals

Re: Tutor for loreto altrincham, advice please

Post by fatsals »

When you say out of catchment where do you mean?
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

Stockport lea but only just.
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

Don't be concerned about 'out of catchment' for Loreto, it doesn't really apply. All the children I've taught have been outside Trafford and been offered places without exceptional scores. If you are Catholic you have already passed the major obstacle. Stockport isn't far from Altrincham, I'm pretty certain it's closer than the schools I've taught in.

Good luck, you have plenty of time to prepare,
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

Do you know of any good tutors, familiar with this process?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi

re FATSALS response, as Loreto is now allocated on score out of catchment, then it is quite possible for four girls from the same area to pass in Cat 5 but one not get a place due to score. It happened to someone I know.

I live in the same area as Tillybob. I think I posted the same info on a diffrent thread last week.
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

It is also quite possible for all the girls to be offered places which is more to the point. As I have said, all the girls I have taught have been offered places without exceptional scores, likewise the boys were offered places at St Ambrose with considerably lower scores, much to the surprise of both myself and their Headteacher.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Tiddlymum is correct, I know of a number of children who have not been offered a place despite passing the exam since the new criteria were put in place. :x

Tao
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

Thanks for all your replies. As we are out of catchment i appreciate that we are not entitled to a place which is fair enough, we are happy to work on the basis that if we get a place we would consider ourselves very fortunate. However education is never wasted so will have a go and see if we are lucky and clever enough to get a place. So if anyone knows a good tutor who they would recommend please pm me. MAny thanks
Nothingbutthebest

Post by Nothingbutthebest »

I think it is clear that the point is that some girls have definitely not got in that have passed recently and that is because of oversubscrip as said and also rules changing to highest score not distance, so it is better to be prepared than not, and recognise that scores count. Loreto didnt release scores until this year, so I cant understand how poster knows that scores werent exceptional in the past years? Re tutor, I know kipmcgrath do tutoring for 11 plus and they are based in Timperley?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now