Probably an unanswerable question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loo1965

Probably an unanswerable question

Post by loo1965 »

My DS has done a VR and NVR NFER paper ( new ones) this week - he finished with quite a bit of time to spare and scored 83% and 82% respectively. I know it's all dependent on standardized scores ( end of Jan birthday) and other students taking the test but need a bit of hope here........... With these scores would he be likely to pass and get a score that would get him into Kings?????
yoyo123

Re: Probably an unanswerable question

Post by yoyo123 »

it sounds good, so keep the impetus and his enthusiasm going..
Alex

Post by Alex »

What an impossible question to answer loo :lol:

I would regard it as "an encouraging sign" :mrgreen:
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Thanks Yoyo and Alex thought it was a tricky one but .......... Had to ask :mrgreen:
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

My son is averaging 75% - 80%, however he still isn't answering all of the questions - he normally misses about 10 questions out so we are currently working on those syle of questions to improve his ability in tackelling them.

I am assuming his concentration will be much better in the actual test, here at home we have 4 children so not the quietest of homes. We do send him upstairs by himself but we can't have complete silence. Plus because he is on his own up there, his mind does tend to wonder, which will take up some valuable time. Therefore, I am hoping that the scores he is getting at home will be lower than the scores he will actually get on the day.

I am really hoping that this is good enough - anyone any idea. I have been told that we should be aiming for 85% for a pass here in Lincolnshire, but not sure how reliable this is.

Thanks
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Hi Jester
We have the opposite problem here - my DS finishes with plenty of time to spare but clearly isn't checking properly as we we go through them on average we have 5-6 silly mistakes. His problem is he just wants it over and done with :wink:

He to goes upstairs but often has his 4 yr old brother shouting where are you or generally just being noisy :lol:
I think it's best not to do in silence as I'm sure there will be lots of noises in a classroom full of children on the day as much as it's supposed to be silent. Just want it to be over for them
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

loo1965 wrote: . Just want it to be over for them
I'd echo that. Lots of pressure for young ones. In my day you didn't have a choice, you just went to your local comp (unless you paid for private education which is not even a consideration for us financially). Hey ho, fingers crossed they all do well and end up at the school best suited to them. Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now