First Day for year 7

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dani*

First Day for year 7

Post by dani* »

DD is very exited about her first day today. I can't wait to hear how her first day went. I can't believe it is nearly a year since we took the 11+ Although it seems a long time from taking the test to starting school. I wonder where year 6 went, it has gone so fast.

Good luck to all of you who are going through the process now, anyone else starting school today?
blessedmum

Re: First Day for year 7

Post by blessedmum »

I know what you mean Dani.
the eleven plus feel like long ago now.
dd started last Friday but yesterday was first proper day. she really enjoyed it but brought a truck load of home work home :shock:
She was ok doing them though; thanks to six years of homework in primary school.

I hope your dd has a lovely day today.
good luck and all the best to others just starting this week. I hope they all settle well and enjoy which ever school they are in.

and even bigger luck to all preparing for the exams this year.
dani*

Post by dani* »

blessedmum wrote:a truck load of home work home :shock:
I worry about the homework too. DD's primary didn't do much to prepare for secondary school. Homework will almost be a completely new concept to her. However, I'm not sure if the amount of homework will be the same throughout the year. All this homework needs to be marked by someone...
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

ure right!
I am sure the level of homework will vary over the term. They have about 10-13subjects now as well; dont they. I am sure they will cope well though. With the amount of resources available on the internet to help with homework and the tutoring school of mum and dad; they'll get through it.

I have just told dd to get into the habit of getting homework out of the way early so she can rest later. She's so excited though. She was still in her uniform when i got home in the evening. :D . She said she wanted me to take a pic she can put in her locker. :lol: . Also need wrapping paper; glitter and all sorts for this locker. Told her i hope the locker will be used more for storing her books than a mini dressing table at school.
dani*

Post by dani* »

The locker seems to be a very important part of school life. We went padlock shopping a few days ago, done 3 DIY stores before she found one which was good enough. Nice to see them so excited though. :D
PaulaTM

Post by PaulaTM »

Hi,not posted much before but just wanted to say,my ds started at Chis + Sid today + we don't know anybody :( so was wondering if anyone else has a dc at the school :?: Would be good to be in touch with someone!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Hi PaulaTM;

my dd is not at chis and sid but at least three kids from her primary will be there. if you want; i can try and put you in touch (The two boys I know going are very very lovely boys and so are their parents; the third is a girl). Goodluck to your ds
dani* wrote: We went padlock shopping a few days ago, done 3 DIY stores before she found one which was good enough. Nice to see them so excited though. :D
Thanks for the reminder. apparently the padlocks I bought are not good enough (too small) and I am supposed to be paddlock hunting today. hmmm better get my skates on this lunch time.
dani*

Post by dani* »

I would not worry about not knowing anyone. DD told me after her induction day at C&S before the summer that all her old school mates were put in different forms. I guess they would do this to avoid little groups forming before school has even started. I suppose this means that they are more or less all in the same boat.
dani*

Post by dani* »

[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder. apparently the padlocks I bought are not good enough (too small) and I am supposed to be paddlock hunting today. hmmm better get my skates on this lunch time.[/unquote]

Same here. I had bought a padlock at the beginning of the summer in an attempt to be organized but when DD saw it a few days ago, she insisted that we would go out and get another one. Apparently she seems to think that what I had bought was "something you use to lock up a garage" although it was just a normal one. In the end she got something slightly bigger than a suitcase padlock.

Goodluck, I hope you get it right.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

dani* wrote: Goodluck, I hope you get it right.
No luck at lunch time. i will take her to the diy store this evening and she can get what she wants. Dani what did you do about school bag? We had such a palaver; she did not like any of the bags until a day before school started. she settled for one from T*M***. She initially wanted a PB bag :shock: but thankfully she saw sense in the fact that it is a fashion bag and will not be a useful school bag.