Pass rates for exam in Gloucestershire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressed?Moi?

Pass rates for exam in Gloucestershire

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Can anyone point me in the direction of pass rate stats for Gloucestershire please, ie, how many marks would be required to pass the exam. I found one on the VR forum which relates to Bucks but the Glos one is different. I'm sure it is on here, but I just can't find it. Cheers
capers123

Re: Pass rates for exam in Gloucestershire

Post by capers123 »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of pass rate stats for Gloucestershire please, ie, how many marks would be required to pass the exam. I found one on the VR forum which relates to Bucks but the Glos one is different. I'm sure it is on here, but I just can't find it. Cheers
It changes each year, and for each school, depending on the cohort entered for each school.

Some years there are a lot of bright children, other years less, and as roughly the same number pass, the score must vary each year.

Sorry that's not a lot of help. One suggestion is (if your child in in Y6) to ask the Primary for the Y5 CAT scores. As a rough guide, a combined CAT score of 100 is an average child (ie 50th percentile), so a combined CAT of 120 or above would imply that your child should pass the test. Above 115, and they may well pass, 110 might pass but could struggle in a grammar. Anything below 110 and you should really consider if pushing your child to pass the test is a good idea. I won't go any further into CAT scores, but you should be able to find more in the FAQ's.
Capers
dams

Re: Pass rates for exam in Gloucestershire

Post by dams »

Hi,

Pixiequeen and Cairo have posted some information on % your DC needs to achieve for different schools in Glocestershire.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=19602
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now