clash of exam dates WCG and Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shahinoor

clash of exam dates WCG and Kent

Post by shahinoor »

Hi We have clash between WCG and Kent 11 plus

WGC wont let us do the exam on a different date...can they do this?
hermanmunster

Re: clash of exam dates WGC and Kenyt

Post by hermanmunster »

sorry - which school is WGC?

edit: just worked it out sorry! :oops:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

just had a look at the dates... 17/9 for Wallington with no negotiation and 17/9 for OOC in Kent.

How many kids do both exams?
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

I cannot imagine many children do both exams do they as the schools are so far apart geographically. I suppose they feel that unless you lived somewhere in the middle, nobody applying to one would possibly be applying to the other as well. I guess if there was high demand one school might consider adding a supplementary date but otherwise I don’t think they are obliged to change anything.
menagerie

Re: clash of exam dates WCG and Kent

Post by menagerie »

Hi

I'd go for the one you're nearest geographically, unless you have a strong preference for the other school. My son loved Wilson's but we are rethinking this as there's no way he can make the journey there from where we live, and my husband has no intention of moving house.
A friend whose son did the round of exams last year got into all except the 'easiest' (least academic school) he applied for. She said she thinks it was because it was his last exam and he was shattered. Don't underestimate how much it takes out of them. If performance on the day is vitally important to him at one particular school, I'd make sure there's a breather either side rather than trying to arrange extra exam dates at far flung schools and add pressure. Home in on the ones you and he really really rate.