too hard:(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum of five 2

too hard:(

Post by mum of five 2 »

hi just tried the walsh papers with my dd and she found them far too dificult we have done most of the other papers but these seemed to be far too dificult for her.So my question is are the real tests supposed to be this difficult because if they are then i doubt much children would pass:(
These papers have really knocked her confidence so what do we do? i think the only papers we have not yet done are the bright sparks and the tutors do we go and buy them now or should we finish off the walsh ones? just really worried about the real tests now ..could they be this difficult or not ?
patricia

Re: too hard:(

Post by patricia »

Dear mum of five 2

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Yes Walsh are known to be hard in particular the vocabulary. The real tests will use some challenging words but perhaps not so many. I personally rarely use Walsh as a test as they can be demoralising, I use them a section at a time in between tests.

I would use the Tutors tests 11 and 12 as they are easier and will bring her confidence back up. Followed by one of the Bright Spark packs [much closer in difficulty to the real test]

Which other papers have you used?

Good Luck

Patricia
mum of five 2

Re: too hard:(

Post by mum of five 2 »

patricia wrote:Dear mum of five 2

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Yes Walsh are known to be hard in particular the vocabulary. The real tests will use some challenging words but perhaps not so many. I personally rarely use Walsh as a test as they can be demoralising, I use them a section at a time in between tests.

I would use the Tutors tests 11 and 12 as they are easier and will bring her confidence back up. Followed by one of the Bright Spark packs [much closer in difficulty to the real test]

Which other papers have you used?

Good Luck

Patricia
hello, we have done learning lab , afn , and ips.she managed about 68/70 on nearly all of them ,we ahve also done letts she found them quite challenging too but i will take ur adviceand get the papers u have advised me to ,thanku :D