Whitgift Year 7 parents

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mydaddy

Whitgift Year 7 parents

Post by mydaddy »

And so the first week of at least five years at a new school has been completed.
Love to know what your sons' impressions have been so far. Are they really looking forward to week two? What do they like or dislike about the school?

My son is really pleased with things so far. He says a couple of the teachers can be offish but he looks forward to lunch time as the meals are far better than his primary school lunches. Hopefully this doesn't extend to his impression of home meals.!!!
He also says he has found it easy to make friends, I am so pleased about this.
AJD

Re: Whitgift Year 7 parents

Post by AJD »

My DS described his first week at Whitgift as 'Epic" - I think that means he loved it!
He certainly comes home really happy and full of news about all the friends he is making - long may it continue. He is also enjoying the lunches which was a real issue at primary - hooray.
He is a little unsure about going to clubs etc at lunchtime but hopefully he can get going next week and try a few things out - a lot of them seem to go to the gym at lunch and after school.
Still waiting to hear about piano lessons - has anyone else heard??
I think we may have a disappointment this week though when the football teams are announced - I understand there are some 'seriously good' players.