Reducing silly errors???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loo1965

Reducing silly errors???

Post by loo1965 »

Anyone got any tips on how to get my DS to reduce the number of errors :roll:
Did a paper today and made at least 6 errors - ie one letter in codes wrong ( out by one) maths questions as well. He had 15 mins left as well - promised me he'd checked

Gone through them and e knew the right answer no problem - I've shown him just how much an extra 4/5 marks would make all the difference

With less than a week to go I need :D
Jetster

Re: Reducing silly errors???

Post by Jetster »

I could have written your post, it is very frustrating when they get just one letter wrong in the code. They obviously know the sequence but rush it. It generally is always the last one in the code that my son gets wrong and he is always just one out!!!

I look forward to reading the replies :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

This may be something which actually improves in the real tests where the adrenaline is running high and they know it matters.

One thing that does help is NOT to try and do everything in your head - write things down, draw the lines over the letters in the code etc. It really doesn't matter how messy the paper ends up looking so long as the right answer is legible and in the right place.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

I've told him constantly about writing down his workings out, he is getting better but was very reluctant at first. Still not great at it, but he is seeing how beneficial it is for him so hopefully on the day he'll remember me nagging him about it :lol: