Where has Jason Brook gone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fed up

Where has Jason Brook gone?

Post by fed up »

http://www.daventryexpress.co.uk/news/l ... _1_3031940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the man who put a heartfelt complaint to the adjudicator in October 2008 about the effect that the Rugby schools' admission arrangements were having on the Daventry schools.
Preston

Re: Where has Jason Brook gone?

Post by Preston »

mmmm. 80 views but no comments.

Either no one else on this forum knows anything about this school/head or they are keeping schtum. I'd imagine the forum moderators are watching this like a hawk.

Funny, but I've never heard anyone say a good thing about non-private Northamptonshire secondaries. Can't be that bad, can they?
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... kdown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a possibility.
Preston

Post by Preston »

Ah, I see.

Coasting Northamptonshire secondaries. So exactly how much pressure have middle-class parents in this area put on the senior management teams of these secondaries? (...I can hear the sharps intakes of breath, followed by muttered comments along the lines of "you should try arguing with some of the 'families' that use these schools, no discipline, chaotic home lives" etc. etc.)

Call their bluff. Let em close or set up a free school.
Learning Fast

Post by Learning Fast »

Well I had a friend who was a teacher here. She lamented to us one evening how difficult it was teaching there, given how high the pupils were when she was trying to teach them. Anecdotally, the next day I happened to drive past during school hours and noticed a police car outside.

Well I dont know what has happened to him. I wonder if the pressure got all too much for him. I'm surprised though if he is ill that they havent just said so, nothing wrong with that. I assume the results last summer were not as high as he wanted/needed. Didn't Choices for Children point out that effectively 'stealing' 2 or 3 grammar standard pupils from the nearby grammar schools wouldnt make any difference. Have they been proved correct? Perhaps someone in the know could pop the 2011 school's exam results up here.
fed up

Post by fed up »

Didn't Choices for Children point out that effectively 'stealing' 2 or 3 grammar standard pupils from the nearby grammar schools wouldnt make any difference.

Wouldn't make any difference to the school but maybe quite a big difference to the children.