Writing on Question Papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stocky

Writing on Question Papers

Post by Stocky »

Hi - would just like some clarification on this. Some of the VR questions - codes, number sequences etc - it is much easier to work out the answer by using the questions etc. Some of the practice papers clearly say - 'do not use the paper for your workings, use scrap paper instead'. My understanding is that as long as the answer is clear and in the right place then putting workings on the paper is fine? Can someone clarify please. Also is scrap paper provided - as some questions it may be easier to use scrap paper. Thanks!!!!!
khanj010

Re: Writing on Question Papers

Post by khanj010 »

as far as i am aware the teachers tell you before hand not to write on the test papers only in the space that is clear is allowed to be used. i dont know why this is as they will be getting rid of them any way.No scrap paper is allowed in the real 11+ test in buck, for vr
Y

Post by Y »

The answer to this question will depend on the area. Try posting in the forum for your area for an answer.

For 11+ in Bucks, no scrap paper is given, and the child ** most definitely does do ** their workings ** on ** the question paper. The only markings on the answer sheet should be the lines in the boxes indicating the child's answer. The answer sheet is computer marked. The question paper is not reviewed.
patricia

Post by patricia »

khanj010 wrote: not to write on the test papers only in the space that is clear is allowed to be used.
In Bucks your child can write anywhere they want on the question booklet, there is no special place for workings.

Patricia
Alex

Post by Alex »

In Lincolnshire it is fine to scribble all over the paper so long as the final answer is written legibly in the correct space. Scrap paper is not provided.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

I'm glad you said that Alex, that's what I've been advising my child to do :)
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

thanks Alex - sorry I didnt realise I hadnt posted in Lincs - Im new to the forum?!
Alex

Post by Alex »

No problem, Tracy :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now