Had a really good chat with DS today...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jetster

Had a really good chat with DS today...

Post by Jetster »

After doing some more VR work in readiness for Friday (we were working on him writing his working out down and his timing) we had a good chat. He has told me that he really wants to pass the test and that if he does pass, he would choose Carres Grammar over the local good comp.

Instantly the pressure\anxiety rose inside of me (not that I allowed that to show to him). Up until then he really didn't show much interest either way and I was under the impression that he would probably prefer the comp (mainly because that is where he thinks most of his friends will be going). We discussed his friends and he said that he could still see them, and would probably meet them after school to walk home with.

Now I am panicking that he will be really dissapointed if he doesn't pass, I am starting to feel a little sick about it all :( .
LoobyLoo

Re: Had a really good chat with DS today...

Post by LoobyLoo »

I'm sure with friends going to both he will be happy with whatever the outcome. We don't have a good local comp so really putting all our hopes on our son doing well in the 11+. We're out of County so points really do make prizes!! Good luck!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Fingers crossed for your son, does he sit it on Friday?
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Jester
How come you sit the VR on Friday?? We ( and everyone else I know) sits on sat :shock:
Let us know how he found it if that is the case :wink:
Alex

Post by Alex »

In some parts of Lincolnshire the primary schools administer the tests. In others all children take them at their local Grammar School, as do all out of County children or in County children who do not live in the selective school areas. Primary schools give the tests on the Friday, the Grammar schools on the Saturday.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

What Alex said :)
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

I'll let you know what he says when he gets home on Friday x
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Jetster, good luck to your DS, for obvious reasons there is a no discussion policy of the paper itself. :)
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

No problem, I was only going to say how hard/easy he found it. I don't want my ds to be worrying about remembering what q types he has had on top of everything else :) .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now