Likely test score indication

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nina123

Likely test score indication

Post by nina123 »

My DD who will be 11 years and 1 month old when she sits the 11+ Bucks exam this Oct 2011, is scoring 90% on the practise papers for AFVN and GL Assessment. For the Walsh papers and generally all the other papers we are doing the score is 80% - 83%. We have pinpointed the weak areas which seem to be Vocab and have taken on board the advice on using Free Rice (thanks!).

My question is which papers are more of an indicator to her likely 11+ score. I am trying to not use the familiarisation papers until end of September.

Also do you think we have enough time to improve the Vocab before the test in Oct to get that extra 5%– 10%

I would greatly appreciate some advice as I am new to this.

Thank-you
scary mum

Re: Likely test score indication

Post by scary mum »

If you look around there are multiple threads on this - 90% on GL seems to be about what is suggested, Walsh are known to be hard. I don't know about the vocab, some of the tutors on here will probably advise.
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

AFN and GL set 1 are easier than the real tests. I only use GL set 1 at the end of my course in order to practice with the same look.

Susan Daughtrey [Bright Sparks] are the closest in difficulty, I rarely give Walsh as tests as they can be demoralising but are good for dipping into.

A good indication would be 90% plus with Bright Sparks, particularly as your daughter is one of the oldest in her year group.

Patricia
nina123

Post by nina123 »

Thank - you, for the advice.

Could you please advise on how to improve my DD Vocab at this stage, do you think it’s too late to gain that extra 10%.

We are using the Free Rice site, but are there any other methods you could recommend.

Also what is your opinion on iphone apps?

Once again appreciate your time.

Advertising removed by a moderator
patricia

Post by patricia »

Take a look at the following link...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =3&t=18206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now