Stress !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sjhall12

Stress !

Post by sjhall12 »

A week to go and fever pitch in my house. Stress like I have never known, all seems slightly cruel to see a just 10 YO going through this. Anyway out of interest my DS has been tutored using Bond papers and practice books. What sort of marks should he be getting in the 10-11+ Practice books and Tests?

I have only recently found this website and see that most refer to nfer.

Any help would be good just so I have a guage at how he is doing. Want him to pass as 5 mins from Beths.

Thanks all and good luck
dani*

Re: Stress !

Post by dani* »

It is not possible to predict a pass based on practice papers.

The reason why a lot of posters refer to NFER on this website is because they are the exam board for Bexley, not Bond. Bond are good papers though we used them as well.

I know the last few weeks are stressful but try to keep everything as normal as possible, and try not to show your DC just how stressed you are.

Good luck. Not much longer now.
sjhall12

Post by sjhall12 »

Thanks Dani

Out of interest do you remember what the pass mark was last year ? Also, what is being born mid August worth in standaisation terms - I had a look at the website and seems you need a degreess in pure maths to work it out whereas I only want to know if it is worth 1 or 2 marks etc.

Thanks
dani*

Post by dani* »

I think it was 218 out of 280. No doubt someone will correct me if this is wrong. I'm not sure how the extra marks for age are calculated but I don't think it is a lot. I'm sure it is on these boards here somewhere. If you really want to know perhaps it is best to phone Admissions.
sjhall12

Post by sjhall12 »

Thank you for you message it truely is appreciate - off to get some valium !

Thanks
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

But if u live out the borough u need to around 251 out of 280 to be guranteed a place.

How much is you child getting right in the bond tests and assestments papers?
sjhall12

Post by sjhall12 »

shahinoor

I live in Borough - my son gets between 80-90% on Bond assessments consistently. However makes silly mistakes.

Panic stations all round at the moment. Its seems like you need to be a mini einstein to pass - hats off to anyones child that has in the past for sure.
dani*

Post by dani* »

There are OB children who do not live in Bexley but within reasonable distance from the school, i/e within the distances over the last 5 years as specified in the admission brochure who get places at Bexley GS' with a pass only.
Mungo

Post by Mungo »

dani

Thanks that's good to know. The admissions team said that some OB DCs got into grammars who were not in top 180 last year. Hope that is true for this year too. 251 seems pretty high.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now