How did it go then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
binka

How did it go then?

Post by binka »

Dd says she thinks it went ok. But then went on to say she skipped about ten questions completely. Anyone know how many questions there are in total? She then went on to say that the ones she did do, she thought they were "tricky".

She definitely finds verbal harder than non verbal. If it was all non verbal I know she would pass for sure as she consistently gets over 90% for non verbal. However she only gets about 50% for verbal in practice papers so I'm not getting my hopes up that she will pass. I think it's unlikely. I'm still very proud of how hard she's prepared for the tests though.
binka

Re: How did it go then?

Post by binka »

Just read that VR paper is 100 questions so it sounds like she's attempted 90 out of 100. Which is good as in practice papers she normally attempts less than 75% and then says she doesn't understand the rest. So even though she normally gets 50%ish scores, that's not bad out of a max of 75% if you see what I mean. Maybe there's hope.

When do the results come out?
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

My DS says he thinks it went alright but didn't answer 13 out of the 100, I really hope he's answered enough (anyone know from previous years of children not answering all of the questions but still passing?).
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Gosh well done to your DC' s :D
Now starting to feel very nervous as it's our turn tomorrow at 9am - did they say ( without giving anything away) that it was harder than practice they had done?. Or easier???
binka

Post by binka »

I haven't asked her much about it as trying to be very low key. But if she only left ten questions I think she must have found it easier than the practice papers. Good luck for anyone sitting it tomorrow.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Jetster wrote:My DS says he thinks it went alright but didn't answer 13 out of the 100, I really hope he's answered enough (anyone know from previous years of children not answering all of the questions but still passing?).
It is possible to pass without answering all the questions - many children do every year - but, of course, it all depends on how well they have done on the questions they did attempt, and how well they do on the other paper.
Lily B

Post by Lily B »

DS left out five but said the rest were easier than the practice papers. He came out feeling pretty confident he'd done OK :D I'm so relieved his nerves held up and he came out smiling. He actually said it was fun! :shock:
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

DD left out about 10 questions, but made it to the end. She also said there were a few that she knew she had got wrong.
She said she felt it was hard. :(

At least it's out of the way
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

DS said it was fine - but he does prefer verbal so next week may not be so positive
I'm really glad we have 1 done - we've been out for lunch with friends then I've promised a DVD once he's tidied his bedroom :lol:
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

Seemed to go okay, missed out about five he reckons but did at least finish. One down, one to go! At least he was happy with what he did and thats all we ask for. We're watching the new Pirates DVD tonight (bit of Jonny Depp for me!!) and a chinese takeaway as a reward for his hard work. What score do you think we could be fairly confident to get into Kings with? Good luck everyone for next week.