DS just sat an NVR paper (first time in ages!!!)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jetster

DS just sat an NVR paper (first time in ages!!!)

Post by Jetster »

He did really well bless him, he scored 91% which is the highest he has scored in either paper. We have been concentrating on VR over the last few weeks so I am really impressed with his score. Hoping we can build on it this week, and hopefully he can claw a few marks back on Friday, after not answering 13 of the VR questions.

Well done to all the DC who have now sat the VR, good luck to all of them for the NVR x
loo1965

Re: DS just sat an NVR paper (first time in ages!!!)

Post by loo1965 »

Wow jester that sounds fantastic- which paper was it?
We've never scored mor than about 80% so sounds like he's definitely going to do well :D
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

We're back on NVR tomorrow, although DD still has homework to do (rolls eyes). 91%!! fantastic.... I can't remember when DD last did an NVR (probably only a week ago....) but we've had to concentrate on verbal as it was her weakest area.

Like you, I'm hoping that she will be able to claw some marks back (after skipping 10 questions), but I have to say, I'm feeling a lot less optimistic than I was yesterday :(

Good luck to your DS, Jetster, and everyone else sitting their NVR this week :D
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

He sat the GL Assessment pack 1, Paper 2. There were 5 sections with 12 questions in each and 6 minutes per section.

He's going to sit paper 3 tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Desperado, my son has 2 lots of homework to do. I really didn't think the school would issue homework over this period as they don't when it's SATs time.
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

We also have 2 lots of homework :evil: :evil:
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

We can beat you both :D

:evil: 3 lots of homework!! :evil:

needless to say, she won't be putting her best effort into it this week (or next week)
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Neither will my DS, have told him that if his teacher has a problem about it then he can speak to me :twisted:
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

DD did Gl assessment paper 3 this morning - 70% :cry:

feeling very depressed about the whole thing, and thinking I should have sent her off to the private tutor in january with the rest of her friends.

Right now I don't think she stands a chance of passing (yes, I'm wallowing :roll: )

:( I think we've got a hill to climb this week.......
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

We started GL paper 5 from pack 2 this morning. Did the first two sections and just scraped 50% so after feeling positive yesterday afternoon, am right back down again. Last time we did them he was 85%+. We didn't carry onthis morning as there seemed little point as he was quite distraught. Given him a break and we'll look at it again later when he's calmed down. The Bond stuff we were doing was much easier so now I'm quietly flapping I've left it too late. VR was always the weaker subject so we concentrated on that for the last couple months - obviously to the detriment of NVR. Agh! As for school homework, hmm.... think they can forget that this week, we've got some catching up to do!! :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now