NVR/VR scores year 5

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
reeyah

NVR/VR scores year 5

Post by reeyah »

Hi again!

Wondering if anyone knows much about the NVR/VR tests that schools do start of year 5?? I'm not sure if these are the CATs mentioned on a few threads.
My DS1 had VR 111 ( but only decided to attempt 50/75 questions!), NVR 125. I'm preparing myself for an Appeal, so was wondering if these results would show anything to the panel about his abilities generally. Some of u may know that my DS1 was diagnosed with a serious illness Oct 2009 and missed most of yr 4 and a lot of yr 5.

I have tried googling how to predict these scores, but a little disappointed that it looks like the VR carries more weight. I think this score would undoubtedly be lower as he missed so much school, whereas the NVR would show more natural ability. So with an average of 118, not sure if the Appeals Panel would be particularly impressed!!
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: NVR/VR scores year 5

Post by DIY Mum »

Can't help you here, Reeyah but I'm sure someone experienced in Appeals will come along soon.

Just wondering whether sitting the Maths Challenge (as some primary schools do), maybe of use.

reeyah

Re: NVR/VR scores year 5

Post by reeyah »

Oo DIY mom, I don't want to bring in my DS's weakest subject ( ie maths!) into the equation ( excuse the pun )!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now