Successful entrants - How much was the child scoring at home

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
QUEENMA

Successful entrants - How much was the child scoring at home

Post by QUEENMA »

Hi there
All those who have managed to have DD's get into one of the three top grammars in our area, ( Tiffins,Wallington,Nonsuch ) how much were the children scoring in home tests ? DD for some reasons has only managed to score a 100 % in both the NV and Verbal papers only twice or thrice - silly mistakes continue to take away 4 / 5 marks even now - two days before the exam !

Queenam
surreymum

Re: Successful entrants - How much was the child scoring at

Post by surreymum »

I have 3 children at grammar school. None of them ever scored 100% and 2 of them never looked as if they would
You and your daughter have done the best you can. She is only 10/11-they do all make silly mistakes at that age (and many years after)
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Thanks Surreymum.....

I have absolutely no qualms in saying that Iam happy with the level of work my DD has put in - keep telling her that the result does not matter now - she has worked hard and has been sincere and that is all we wanted out of this process...

But on this forum, when she is not around , the mom in me does want to know what her chances are - after all the hard work she has put in ! I know it is all about on the day, on the time - but I would be lying if I said Iam not thinking of whether she will get in !

Queenma
esh

Post by esh »

My DS hardly or never even scores over 92% for any subject, didn't realise that they needed to score 100%, his average is around 87%. He makes mistakes on easier questions and gets the more difficult ones right. There have been instances where those who scored less at home (i.e.85%) got a place and those who scored 95%+ also got a place in a Grammar school. Will need to wait and see - it all depends on the day. Your DD is doing really well. Good luck.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

My son has just started at Tiffin, I would say that speed is really important (as well as accuracy of course!) as I remember quite a few boys coming out of the tests saying they hadn't finished.