Altrincham grammar exams, how did it go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Grongo04

Altrincham grammar exams, how did it go?

Post by Grongo04 »

My DD missed out 6 questions in total in NVR and said the VR was hard and missed some of those too!

Worried!
Tao

Re: Altrincham grammar exams, how did it go?

Post by Tao »

Hi, mine reported same for NVR. In fact, in my limited interrogation of dcs chums, I haven't come across any that completed it. Said the rest was OK but after further questioning, confessed to guessing a few (on the maths rather than verbal).
Am worried too....but at the same time enormously relieved that she managed to get throught it and was not too nervous. One more then all done. Then only the horror of the letters arriving.... Aaagh
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

I know it's frustrating, I thought I would of felt better after the exam was over. Friends of mine sons sat AGSB and they also struggled to finish off the NVR and also said that the VR was hard too, so they are nervous too!
emsy

Post by emsy »

If it's any reassurance, last year my son missed quite a few questions on NVR (didn't have chance to guess as he ran out of time) and knew he had some wrong and some guesses on maths and still passed with a high score. They don't need to finish the papers to pass.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

My daughter found the VR hard, and pretty much guessed one section because she ran out of time. NVR and Maths were "okay" - I haven't enquired further and she hasn't volunteered any more.

She was up at 3am on Saturday with earache and didn't get much more sleep - not the preparation I'd hoped for. Like Grongo I thought I'd feel better when it was over, but don't. Pah!
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

Two girls vomitted in one of the rooms during the tests. This was cleared up between tests meaning the girls had to carry on with the smell and the mess.
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

Did anyone DC find Alty boys/girls easy?

The only consolation is if majority found it difficult then it should bring the pass mark down slightly. We are out of catchment so it is really a worry.

Good luck to all the children, the stress these children face is immense!

Only one more exam to do now!
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

It's just a waiting game.. A long and painful one tho. Lol.
snoopy123

Post by snoopy123 »

My daughter sat the exam 2 years ago. I know the information is not quite as relevant as that of parents who have taken the exam this year (in terms of comparison) but I hope I can offer a little reassurance. From what I can remember she did not finish the NVR and did not have time to finish the last 12 Maths questions ! We did not hold out much hope but as it was the first exam of the 3 she was going to sit and not our school of choice, we were not too worried. She still passed with flying colours.
Good luck to all hoping for AltyG, I wouldn't be too worried about not finishing papers.