last couple of days prep

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shahinoor

last couple of days prep

Post by shahinoor »

Just came out kent exam. My son is fed up answering any questions on how it went. I was going to spend these last couple of days on the bond tests as they seem closer to the level than gl paper 1in the kent tests. Although we did spend some on gl2 as i knew that the practice paper would a false sense of security.
Muggle

Re: last couple of days prep

Post by Muggle »

No more exam prep for us. DD will be doing her school homework this morning and then we are going on a fun outing this afternoon .Hopefully this will help her relax, take her mind off the forthcoming tests and return to school refreshed for this important week (well that's the theory, I'll soon know if it works out like that!!!).
Last edited by Muggle on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
layla22

Post by layla22 »

Same for us. In fact I AM THE ONE FED UP OF PRACTICE PAPERS. I'm letting DS relax and play on his PS3 etc.
However...., I haven't really looked at that sample paper Bexley have online. I might just get him to have a sneak peak, so I don't feel guilty about not doing any more revision.
I told him we will pick up the revision on Sat. as we continue our prep for the St Olaves test in Nov.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

I can understand everyone sentiments..i may have pushed too hard on
The kent tests...so some relaxtion should be in order
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

No more prep for us either. Ds is having a day out today with his friend, then he has Cubs after school tomorrow so I'm hoping he'll just be chilled for the two exams Tuesday & Wednesday.
Starmum x
positivemum

Post by positivemum »

Same here,no more papers....my view is it's been a long old year and really dont think Ds is going to learn anything new between and tuesday/wednesday...Secondly,I'm completely drained,,can't deal with any more correctlons,ROLL ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!! :D :P
positivemum

Post by positivemum »

Same here,no more papers....my view is it's been a long old year and really dont think Ds is going to learn anything new between now and tuesday/wednesday...Secondly,I'm completely drained,,can't deal with any more correctlons,ROLL ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!! :D :P
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

No more papers here either - but I am going to get him to look at Bexley sample paper - and I really mean look not do - as I seem to remember they're set out quite differently to normal practice papers.
sjhall12

Post by sjhall12 »

One word of warning the Bexley online tests are no where near the standard of the real thing - apparently it just demonstrates format rather than content. However good for a morale booster.

Good luck
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

Thanks sjhall12 - I guessed that they would have to be a lot harder than the sample ones but I will remind DS so he doesn't get a false sense of security...