Techique types

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
srk

Techique types

Post by srk »

Please could someone confirm whether the books 1 - 4 by Susan Daughtrey cover the 21 types in Bucks! If I already have these techniques, do I still need to get the IPS method and techniques?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear SRK

S.Daughtrey books 1-4 cover 40 plus techniques [ 35, plus some split onto a,b,c] It is also in standard form.

Bucks use only 21 types and is Multiple Choice.

Although most of the 21 can be found within the 40 plus...

1] They are in standard form [ a number of questions are approached differently in M/C]

2] A number of the 21 are laid out in a different format.

So, I would advise, get your money back on the Susan Daughtrey books 1-4 and buy the IPS method and technique, which will show you the best method to approach M/C

The Bright Sparks series of tests by Daughtrey of great value.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Although most of the 21 can be found within the 40 plus,...
Patricia

For reference which of the types do not appear within the 40+ of the Susan Daughtrey 1-4 books?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello Guest

The Tutors free CD1 demo that is available to download from the site contains all 21 question types for Bucks.

If you match these against the books you have purchased you will be able to identify which ones you do not need to practice.

Regards

Mike
srk

Technique Types

Post by srk »

Thank you both for the useful information. I will try and match them up and failing that get the IPS techniques. Would anyone have advise on improving vocabulary ( I have printed the lists on this site, however wondered if there was a specific book dealing with these specifically?) and speed!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

I have not forgotten your question, I can only find books 1-3 at the moment, book 4 hidden in a box somewhere, probably in the shed at the end of the garden!

When found I will explain in detail why the IPs method and technique book is the most appropriate for Bucks.The main reason would be that it is in Multiple Choice form not standard.

Patricia