1 Down 1 to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sjhall12

1 Down 1 to go

Post by sjhall12 »

Thats Maths done and dusted only VR to go. How did everyone find it ?

Roll on tomorrow
countingtoten

Re: 1 Down 1 to go

Post by countingtoten »

My DS is in there right now - will post later if I can get anything out of him.
Mungo

Post by Mungo »

Thank goodness
Last edited by Mungo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

'OK'
:lol:
Thats the best I can get from him! At least he wasn't weeping or saying he couldn't finish, so I'm going to leave it at that & let him go & play Warhammer for a couple of hours :roll:
Starmum x
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

DD said is was: "really easy"; "no hard questions"; "finished with loads of time to spare".

Now I don't know whether to be happy, or WORRIED!! :?
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

DC said it was easy - I'm worried. But complained that most of the pencils were blunt and struggled to draw straight lines - other kids said the same -wonder why they dont allow the kids to bring their own ,if that its their policy, i understand but at least provided good ones for use
:(
Anyone else with same complaints?
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

Disappointed he said it was easy but only got to 45 and hadto start guessing bevause he ran out of time...i think he may have blown it....
dunemigrating

Post by dunemigrating »

My son said it was much easier than Kent and didn't seem to think it was hard. However, last year's class in his school said that and they didn't all pass. Maybe the pass mark this year will be higher if most children are saying it's easy. I don't want to be pessimistic or anything!
One thing I'm glad about today is that my husband got there with 10 mins to spare. There were several of our mum friends who were running and crying with their kids to the test centre with a minute or two to spare. They were late because the traffic was so bad and they couldn't get parked. They had to park their cars quite a long way from the school and sprint the rest of the way with the children. They just about got throught the door before they started. Something which you just don't need! A warning to parents next year whose children are sitting the test at 9am at Welling School. Roll on tomorrow evening.
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

Shahinoor - don't worry (as if, eh?), if he got all those right that he did that should be a good score.

Dunemigrating - re:parking & late arrivals - that has made me re-think the Kent test, maybe its better being on a weekend, there was certainly no traffic around at that time of a Saturday morning & we had no trouble parking.

There are always lots of children who say it was easy, & they don't all pass, as we've discussed on Kent board, you just can't glean anything from the DCS reactions, except perhaps that the qs were not a complete surprise to them & totally different to anything they've done before, which is a good thing :)

Starmum x
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

Finally got some info out of DS. He didn't find test hard but said each question had lots of stages. He finished with only a few minutes to spare which is unusual for him as maths is his strong subject. He knows he got one question wrong as after he finished he realised he didn't read it properly :? A lot of his friends were coming out saying they found it really easy. I am wondering whether this means 'in comparison with the Kent paper'. Another one who had difficulty with his pencil - he said it was impossible to draw a line so he filled in the box. Is that likely to be a problem?