NVR preperation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
elevenplusprep

NVR preperation

Post by elevenplusprep »

Hi All,

Need an advice about the NVR preparation for Tiffin school. My DS will be taking Tiffin exam next year.He had recntly given a mock test at a tution centre and he did excellent in english, math and verbal but got only 50% in NVR. I was surprised by the result as he usually likes these NVR questions. It may be due to fact that I never took him through any technique book for NVR questions. Can anyone suggest a good NVR technique book and also practise workbooks for preparing?

Any advice would be very helpful.
svg123

Re: NVR preperation

Post by svg123 »

You can look at Tuition NVR books. I found them too late but they are good from what I have seen.
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

What about the 11+ Explained: Non-verbal Reasoning: Essential Skills and Strategies for Success by GL-Assessment?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

elevenplusprep wrote:What about the 11+ Explained: Non-verbal Reasoning: Essential Skills and Strategies for Success by GL-Assessment?
I have a copy of that book and the VR version. Very nice gentle familiarization as approved by GL with some useful guidance on student stress, but!

Not as comprehensive as a proper VR or NVR how-to-do book, for NVR I would go for AE books 1 and 2.

The GL book is worth buying as a very gentle introduction to NVR and for using as required for stress and strategy, but it ain't a full blown guide.
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

Thanks for the advice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now