Are marks on the Sch practice papers close to the real thing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SingleDad

Familiarisation paper at school today

Post by SingleDad »

Hi all,

My daughter sat a familiarisation paper at her Bucks school today. It was "GL Practice Test A".

I was expecting Test 1, followed by Tests A and B at a later date. So her sitting Test A today threw me a little.

Does anyone know how many practice tests Bucks schools are sitting? Is it just the one? Or will there be two more?
Sally-Anne

Re: Familiarisation paper at school today

Post by Sally-Anne »

3 tests - Test A (easier, but don't tell) and then Tests 1 & 2 - smae standard as the real thing.
SingleDad

Post by SingleDad »

Thanks so much Sally-Anne.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I did tell DS it was a bit easier :oops: as he was bring rather, ahem, overconfident after finishing v quickly - with some silly
mistakes. I didn't want him to think he didn't need to practice any more. Don't get me wrong I was very gentle, but I did then find out that he knew it was easier than the real thing so I think that he must have been told at school.
scary mum
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

My DD also did the familiarisation today. Test A is supposed to be easier. However, we came out with a much higher result on test 1 which would have resulted in a good pass. The Test A result would have been borderline. This was a relief because test 1 and 2 are of the same difficulty as the real 11+.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

DS1 was similar 2 years ago - borderline on test A, nowhere near on test 1, v good pass on test 2, very good on both real tests but think it really does help practicing at school, however much they have done at home.
scary mum
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

Hi Scary Mum,

Did you find a difference in scores between the practise papers at school and the real 11+ results?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I suspect he scored the same on the real thing as the second practice test, or near enough, but ofcourse I have no real way of knowing that! I will pm you.

Have just realsied you have pms disabled
scary mum
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

Hi

No I didn't, thanks for telling me. I will change it.
jabba7

Are marks on the Sch practice papers close to the real thing

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

My DS sat paper A at school last week, is sitting paper 1 today and paper 2 next week.

Can any parents with older children who have been through this before advise if the results they get on these papers are close to the real thing?

I guess I am hoping if he does OK on these practice papers I can try and relax!!

Thanks