Just over 1 week left

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
misspiggy

Just over 1 week left

Post by misspiggy »

I can't belive that after all these month's of practice, it's finally here. As much as I feel that my DD could do with another month of vocab practice, I've now had enough and feel relieved to know that the end is near! Once it's done, I plan on taking a well deserved break :P

On a serious note, once the exams are done, have you planned a celebration (Not for you :lol: but for your DC!) for all the hard work your DC has put in over the last few months? if so, I need some ideas. a '11 paper burning in the back garden' won't work for me as I have a DD who will be starting this process in a couple of years.

Wishing all your DC's the best of luck!
hasmum

Re: Just over 1 week left

Post by hasmum »

Hi misspiggy,
your right about how quick its come round, I myself initially started with teaching myself, it was bed time reading a year ago, we take in half term hols.
My 2nd will also start in 2 years. I also eat, drink, sleep this dreaded thing. My ds has worked so hard and at times gets fed up, I too want it to come and go.

Best of luck to your DC.
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

I cannot believe the first test is next week. Every weekend and some week nights has been spent doing work for these tests. Even the summer holidays was not a time for relaxation. We have really had enough of it now and cannot wait until the tests are over. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by crunchie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
patricia

Post by patricia »

One of my children informed me yesterday that she was going to have a big party once the tests are over. She took gt pleasure in telling me that she was going to eat huge amounts of pasta...

Another child informed me that one of her friends is being made to sit a test everynight. Poor child I say...

Most children by now are thoroughly fed up with VR, they just want it to be over and done with. [parents too!]

Good Luck to all the children [and parents!]

Patricia
romys

Post by romys »

All the best everyone..I too feel that my DS has been pressurised during the weekdays..! selfish as i am , i try to fit in a few full tests during school days. Just wondering how to manage the rest of the days and my impatience :(..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We only do IPS short tests or the tutors short tests in the week and a full paper at the weekend, plus the practice papers at school. It has become routine for my DS but we are both looking forward to it being over. We will go out for a meal at his favourite restaurant and I will buy him a little present to reward his hard work - not related in any way to the result.

Good luck everyone.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

For us parents there's the rehab section :lol: :lol:
boanova

Post by boanova »

I feel really bad now. I am one of those parents who is making my child sit a test most days. She's still making a few silly mistakes and I'm trying to get her to really check her work within the time constraints. Having gone round the schools, she knows where she wants to go and is willing to sit down and do one. I can't argue with that.

She has worked so hard this past year and deserves a break and a present regardless of outcome for her effort.

I can't burn anything until next October.....another DD to get through the next 12 months. Joy!

Meanwhile my wine bank is depleting rapidly!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Boanova

Firstly welcome to the forum, have you been lurking and just decided to join?

Please do not feel bad. We all do what we think is right for our children.

I confess, as a tutor, I get just as nervous for my children, they have worked so hard for me over the last 9 months, not that they have much choice because I am a stickler for following my rules! However...

Good Luck

Patricia
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

My Ds will take his 11+ (Bucks) in the half term hols. and because we are out of county, we get the familiarisation pack at home, no prep at all from school. Last year i was surprised that they hardly had any homework, but this year quite the opposite, they are getting comprehension/vocabulary every night, just when you need less of that, as my son gets loads of HW from his tuition centre. I'm so proud of him for working so hard and feel for him as he is 10 yrs after all. he manages to finish his homework also.

I helped in yr 2 and 3 but then let him get on with it in 4 and 5 and ask if he needed help. Last year didnt mind more work, but this year they are throwing it at us, and... every night...... lol.

Bucks parents are lucky, will be over soon, we have a few more weeks of all this. good luck to all. at least we can de-stress on this site, its great!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now