Big Thankyou

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Louise

Big Thankyou

Post by Louise »

Just want to say a BIG THANKYOU to this forum. Special thanks to ETIENNE for all her advice - it certainly put us on the right track for the appeal letter and presentation. Other people to mention are SJ, Guest 55, Sara and Alex and to all for sharing their experiences. Our appeal wasn't successful (have posted under 'good luck' in Lincolnshire section) and although very disappointed and deflated I am just soooooo glad it is all over. Thanks again.

Louise
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

So So Sorry, Louise, to hear of your news yesterday.

It must have been such a worrying time for you and your family and it's the parents who have to take the strain of this official procedure.

It is also very kind of you to post your thanks publicly to acknowledge the magnanimous work that the people in the APPEALS section have done and are doing.

I have not been in your position but I can appreciate the arduous task you have done and I'm sure it was made more bearable by the direction,encouragement and help provided from the 'experts' in this section.

I wish you and your child the best. It was also very kind of you to share your experience of your appeal,even when you were obviously feeling so low.

Take good care. come to REHAB for a bit of company. No invites necessary.
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi Louise

I echo the sentiments of LBSWM. I chose not to go down the appeals route because ultimately our alternative choice was better for our daughter however I remember how I felt receiving the 11+ results and thinking about what was ahead and wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone.

What I hope and believe is that in the future you will look back and see that the path you have taken, either through choice or circumstance, is the right one.

You have most definitely qualified for Rehab...see you there :D
NKM
Louise

Post by Louise »

Thanks to you both for your kind words. I do know deep down that the school my child will now attend will be better for him - I was just totting up the cost for the the next seven years and wish I hadn't! Feeling for son number two now as he's beginning to realise that he will have to go to same school when his friends will be going to another. I'd just like to fast forward two years and have them both happy and settled in their next phase of schooling. At least my husband and I now feel in charge of our children's destiny. Would love to join you in rehab except i can't bl***y drink at present. I developed numerus food allergies about six weeks ago and alcohol exacerbates it. Couldn't even drown my sorrows but every cloud etc, etc as I've lost 8 pounds in weight. Thanks again.
Louise
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Louise,

Do join us in rehab - drinking is not compulsory - some of us have to keep sober to keep everyone in order!!
Guest400

Post by Guest400 »

Louise, you have done your best. Dust yourself down and just believe it is all for a reason. I wish you all the best and I am sure your son will be very happy. I have done this twice now (with two different outcomes) and I am glad too that it is nearly over. Appeal in 3 weeks time then I hope that is the last I think of it as I am even beginning to bore myself now! It just seems to consume me.
Louise

Post by Louise »

guest 55 and guest 400

Re- hab sounds good! Guest 400 just want to wish you luck. My youngest son is going through the process now (born 13 months apart) but my heart just isn't in it now. He'll have to sit the entrance exam for the independent school my eldest son is now going to and, if he passes both exams, I know in my heart of hearts that he'll be going to same school as brother (schools are 25 miles apart) which is going to upset him as friend will be going to a different school. Take one day at a time!
Louise
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now