3 Sleeps to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jabba7

3 Sleeps to go

Post by jabba7 »

Only 3 sleeps to go and can't stop thinking about it. It is crazy how it occupies the mind!

Anyone have any last minute tips please let me know.

Thanks
worriedandconfused

Re: 3 Sleeps to go

Post by worriedandconfused »

three Sleeps :?

Stay Calm and don't pass your stress to your DC :)

All the best to all the Children and their stressed parent :x
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Aaaaaaaargh! Will be very glad when it is all over.
scary mum
Everythingcrossed

Post by Everythingcrossed »

Good luck to everyone doing Bucks tests this week and next. My DD has worked so hard and i am so proud of her, but like you all, i am counting the minutes till its all over!
Stay calm
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Good luck to all this years test takers! Don't forget to look at Patricia's sticky rules and get the bananas in for the children and the wine in for the adults. You are all nearly there!
:)
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Good luck everyone! My main concern at present is finding an alternative to bananas as DS doesn't like them! :(

All suggestions welcome! :D
Marylou
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

yes i know what you mean i am giving my ds anything and everything that may improve his brain function , i even brought the syrup which i was advised by a friend from the pharmacy. But make sure they go to school on a full belly , i am trying every day to make my ds use to porridge in the morning.
has you ds had any dreams about the test as mine is having them and he is failing in them, which is making him upset, but i am trying to rearsure him. any tips!
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi All

Good luck to your children.
We are in Surrey so my DD did a couple of tests two weeks ago. ( 9 sleeps to first result)
The day before the test we did no work and I did not even mention the test. We paid for a new release film on cable tv for the evening so it really took her mind off it. I then ran her a lovely bubble bath with some scented candles placed out of reach. After the bath she went off to bed (hopefully relaxed) I read to her for a little while and then left, after half an hour I checked and she was sleeping. In the morning I made her egg and bacon sandwich without much bread as carbs can make you a little sluggish. She also had a big glass of innocent smoothie.

Did it work? Who knows :?:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Good luck everyone! My main concern at present is finding an alternative to bananas as DS doesn't like them!

All suggestions welcome!
I knew nothing of bananas two years ago but DS passed. Probably had pasta the night before too :lol: :lol:

How's your DS Mary-Lou? Is he better? Mine's suddenly developed a "sneezing only in the morning" allergy - he just can't stop!! I'm thinking of getting him up early to get it out of the way before the test! :shock:
scary mum
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Thanks, Scary - DS is better now and isn't needing to use the inhaler nearly as often, still a couple of weeks to go for us but we'll take it along to the test just in case.

I recognize the symptoms you describe for your DS, as I've suffered from that "morning hayfever" thing myself - I think it's to do with dust mites in bedding (not that I'm suggesting your house is dusty :lol: but these things tend to happen in all houses). My own theory (not medically proven :wink: ): when you get up in the morning you inevitably move the bedding around which throws any allergens that have settled during the night up into the air. On the occasions when I've suffered from this I've found it helps not to go back into the bedroom at all for a couple of hours after getting up. I would suggest that your son vacates the room as soon as he wakes up and gets dressed in a different room where his clothes are waiting for him, and doesn't go back into the bedroom at all, if he's forgotten something then it can be fetched. As a further precaution, the day before a test it might be an idea to vacuum the mattress and change the bedding so that the allergens don't get a chance to build up. You can also get mattress covers like these http://www.snugnights.co.uk/dustmites.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - don't know if they help but I can see the logic.

Good luck and I hope your DS gets over his sneezes!
Marylou