Transport to Becky High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worriedandconfused

Transport to Becky High

Post by worriedandconfused »

Though the open evening to Becky high is yet to come, I want to check if there are transport facilities to Becky high from Slough? Burnham? or Taplow? I have heard that even though Burnham is in the catchment of Becky high, there is no transport provided by the Bucks council. Is it true?

Any idea about the private transport from other areas (near London) if there is any? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and good luck to all the parents and Children appearing for forthcoming Bucks exam!!

Regards
scary mum

Re: Transport to Becky High

Post by scary mum »

I remembered some discussion about this last year and I found it :) . I haven't read it through, but it may help you:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=15781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
worriedandconfused

Post by worriedandconfused »

Thanks scarymum

I will read through the link. Any parent of DD attending Becky high, please could you advise, from how far Girls attend the school and how is the transport from other areas. Thanks in advance.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You might want to check whether it will be free - I seem to think that only transport to your nearest GS (if over three miles) will be free.
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

worriedandconfused wrote:Thanks scarymum

I will read through the link. Any parent of DD attending Becky high, please could you advise, from how far Girls attend the school and how is the transport from other areas. Thanks in advance.
My DD started Becky High in Y7 this year and gets a private bus which runs from Burnham and Taplow to the school. Due to it not being the nearest GS in the area, then transport to Becky High from here is not paid for by the council. I have friends whose DDs travel to Becky High from Maidenhead but don't think there is a bus from there.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

My DD also travels in Year 7 from Burnham / Taplow (and travels with Jules 7's DD!) - the bus is a private bus, and is most definitely not free (even if you live in catchment). This year it costs £6.75 per day - paid in about £200 chunks every 6 weeks or so.

Leaves near the Total Garage at 8.05am, and drops back there a few minutes after 4pm.

Hope this helps!