Letters about test days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Weaver

Letters about test days?

Post by Weaver »

Has anyone had their letter about test day yet? I was hoping it might turn up today... I'm just after guidance on HSFG plans - what time to drop off, what they need to bring, what time to collect. That sort of thing.

Not that I'm stressing about it at all... 8)
Pushkin

Re: Letters about test days?

Post by Pushkin »

We got our instructions for the day via email last night.
Pushkin
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Pushkin, thanks - that's interesting. Was is from HSFG? I wonder how I get on the email list, then...

I registered for the test online, and I would certainly like to receive DD's results by email (which the Headmistress said at the open evening last week was possible, and, indeed, preferable!).

Our post is just so flaky that anything which gets through more quickly and trims down the amount of time we hang about waiting for info/results has got to be a good thing!
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Also registered online for DD2 to sit test at Pate's & had confirmation of registration reply (email) Up at school gate this afternoon and have heard of some who have already had emailed details but also know of others who haven't yet. Starting to stress about that now as well :roll:

And I thought this was going to be easier 2nd time around! :lol:
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

DDs will sit the test at Pate's. The email confirmation came from glos11+ central email that confirmed initial registration.
Pushkin
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Haven't had a letter from Tommies yet either but from what I remember from DDs (HSFG and Ribston) they will need a drink and snack for the break, pencils rubber etc and some children took a lucky toy cuddly! (not my DDs though - we weren't that organised!). Get there in plenty of time.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

A word of advice. Do NOT take a lucky anything. If it gets lost just before the morning....... :cry:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

turtleglos wrote:A word of advice. Do NOT take a lucky anything. If it gets lost just before the morning....... :cry:
Indeed. Once I heard that some parents had purchased a 'lucky sixpence' then persuaded their cynical child to take it into the exam.

The poor child had, by the day of the exam, become somewhat less cynical due to parents persuasive powers, and indeed fully beleived that without the coin would not have good luck.

The coin was lost between the check-in and the exam room, and predictably the child went to pieces in the exam.

Good Luck Charms are Not A Good Idea! Just say 'No'!

Hope your children taking the test have as stress-free, and indeed, enjoyable exam day as possible. Our final words to both of ours when they left us at check-in were "Have fun".
Capers
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

DD takes it at Stroud and we had a detailed letter ages ago. Not sure if i should expect anything else ...

Thankfully we have acquired 3 gorgeous little black & white fluffy foster kittens so we are not stressing about the exam at all ...... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now