Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

opal

Good Luck

Post by opal »

Just wanted to wish you and your DC the very best of Luck for the test this Saturday.
Don't be surprised if you feel flat on the day and when DC won't want to talk about it. Even now 2 years later, my DD is only just telling me what actually happened on the day, quite enlightening!!
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Good Luck

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

opal wrote:Just wanted to wish you and your DC the very best of Luck for the test this Saturday.
Don't be surprised if you feel flat on the day and when DC won't want to talk about it. Even now 2 years later, my DD is only just telling me what actually happened on the day, quite enlightening!!

Aw that's lovely thank you. Good luck from me too people. Hope your child will be happy in whatever school they settle in.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Very best wishes to all DCs for Saturday, and many calm thoughts to all parents too!

Keep reminding myself that they are only 10/11, and that whatever the outcome, just sitting the test is a huge achievement. Plus, of course, all the skills that they've learnt will be with them throughout their education, wherever that may be.

I wonder how many of us will be hanging around here online waiting for 12:05am on 15th .......... :shock:
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Yes.Best of luck to everyone. It is a huge achievement just to get through all the preparation and to go in there and sit the test. They are all absolute stars. :D
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Good luck from here too,these kids are amazing to even put themselves on the line like this.
I hope all the hard work pays off.
We totally felt the "flatness"last year so be prepared for that but soon...it WILL BE OVER!!!!
neveragain

Post by neveragain »

I have been reading this for a while and thought I would write as it has gone quiet. I wish everyone well for the test on Saturday. I received my letter today and was relieved as part of me worried that maybe I had not registered properly (even though I checked loads of times!).

I was a lot more stressed a few weeks ago when I thought maybe I should be doing more with my son - but now I have accepted it and the end is in sight I am more relaxed.

I just want the results now - and hoping when they come I will not be in limbo anymore....
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Yes, it helps to reach that point of 'ok, we've done all we can, bring it on!'. Was a bit worried by a slight dip in scores with Pack 2 of the GL Assessment papers, but some of the questions in there are nasty! Even with the answers I can't see how some of the sequences have been arrived at. And I feel my own VR has got rather better over the past year 8)

Good luck to everyone!
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Weaver wrote:Yes, it helps to reach that point of 'ok, we've done all we can, bring it on!'. Was a bit worried by a slight dip in scores with Pack 2 of the GL Assessment papers, but some of the questions in there are nasty! Even with the answers I can't see how some of the sequences have been arrived at. And I feel my own VR has got rather better over the past year 8)

Good luck to everyone!
Tea and sympathy on Saturday afternoon, perhaps? :D
dams

Post by dams »

Best of luck to everyone... :)