exam paper question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
misspiggy

exam paper question

Post by misspiggy »

One question came to my mind which I pondered over for a while and then thought I'd post it on the forum for anyone else's thoughts.

If the same paper is given to OOC children, then Bucks surely takes all reasonably necessary precautions to ensure no leakage occurs.

Does the school have external invigilators or is it the school's own teachers who invigilate the exam?

In my son's school, the mum of one his classmate's is a teacher at the same school. Who/what is to stop teacher's from taking a peek at the paper?

Just wondering.........

I'm hoping the exam is this morning as my DS told me (he works much better in the mornings). can't wait till he comes home and tells me how today went (I fully expect him to say 'fine' and nothing more!! :-))
Marylou

Re: exam paper question

Post by Marylou »

I'm sure I read somewhere in the instructions to head teachers that any staff with children taking the exam are not allowed to be involved in administering the tests. :)
Marylou
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

From the Bucks Head Teachers' Manual, instructions for receipt of the papers:
If any of these authorised persons are parents of pupils who are taking the tests, they must nominate other staff for the duration of the procedure and distance themselves from the process.
Most schools will administer the test first thing - they wouldn't get any work out of the pupils in advance of the tests if they delayed.
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

Thank you Marylou and Sally-Anne, I guess that answers my question.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now